Install in 2014 Buick Lacrosse

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hendo717

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m trying to install an aftermarket head unit in a 2014 Buick lacrosse.. i have it wired and it powers on, but it has the factory bose system in it, so I have no sound through the speakers. I was told i can plug into the Aux input in the center console in order to have sound, but i can’t get the car to access Auxiliary mode. Can anybody help? Or should i just run a 4channel amp and run wires to each door speaker and go that route? Thanks for any help

I’m trying to install an aftermarket head unit in a 2014 Buick lacrosse.. i have it wired and it powers on, but it has the factory bose system in it, so I have no sound through the speakers. I was told i can plug into the Aux input in the center console in order to have sound, but i can’t get the car to access Auxiliary mode. Can anybody help? Or should i just run a 4channel amp and run wires to each door speaker and go that route? Thanks for any help
Running wires to door speakers from the amp seems like an easy way to do it. However, you have to navigate through the wire harness that go through the car body and doors. It will have you pulling your hair out. Did you check with Crutchfield. Com to see if they have a "ready harness" to fit your particular situation (factory BOSE). If they do, it's plug and play. Good luck.

Running wires to door speakers from the amp seems like an easy way to do it. However, you have to navigate through the wire harness that go through the car body and doors. It will have you pulling your hair out. Did you check with Crutchfield. Com to see if they have a "ready harness" to fit your particular situation (factory BOSE). If they do, it's plug and play. Good luck.
Crutchfield, as well as no other company I’ve found offer a harness for my make and year. It’s driving me crazy. I found a Chinese company that i bought the head unit and harness from that i have now, which fits my vehicle but they are the ones that are trying to tell me to access Aux mode, but no i can’t figure out how to put the car in aux mode. It’s very frustrating. The factory screen does not work which is why i went the after market route, but it’s not doing me any better at this point.

Another option is to get the 4 channel amplifier and purchase 2 surface mount speakers for the rear deck and 2 for the front kick panels. Running speaker wires to those speakers would be relatively easy. Just a suggestion.

Or you could run the speaker wire from the amplifier to the existing speakers. The rears will be easy if your amplifier will be in the trunk. You can run the wire directly from the amp. to the speakers. The fronts will be more complex, as you have to wire through the door wire Molex. Go to YouTube and type in your car and wiring through the door Molex, to get an idea of what is involved.

OIP.Hvo9ifeJ9esQwxTKHt39uQHaHM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...