08 WRX, need help!

DarkFox
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey all, searched on the forums and on the web, been having a hard time finding anything for the new WRX. Specificaly, I am putting in a aftermarket radio and new mids and highs all the way around.

I can not find anything on how to remove the factory radio for this year or, anything on removing the doors to get at the speakers. Any help, links, or pics is appreciated. Thank you.

note: I have the 6 disck in dash changer currently

yeah, I bet I COULD get it apart also. Then again I have a 08 WRX and I COULD also break a bunch of tabs cause I didnt think to ask where there are alot of people posting instalation help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Find a WRX Forum

sorry man, I dont know what gave me the idea. I was operating under the impression that this was the "Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help" forum. what was I thinking.....

yeah, I bet I COULD get it apart also. Then again I have a 08 WRX and I COULD also break a bunch of tabs cause I didnt think to ask where there are alot of people posting instalation help.

sorry man, I dont know what gave me the idea. I was operating under the impression that this was the "Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help" forum. what was I thinking.....
that is serious intelligent advice there genius not many people around here have had experience with that particular vehicle as it is pretty new. Im an installer and have not seen one in the bay yet there for your best bet is to find a wrx form asshole

The first part I was just joking around, as for the quote I took, is the, "I cant tell you were to look just look somewhere else" what you want to see on these forums?

I have also been looking on other forums (Subaru and wrx forums) to no avail, hence why I said, " searched on the forums and on the web, been having a hard time finding anything for the new WRX."

Why are you so mad at me? Resort to cursing at me cause he didn't know the answer and told me to do what I am already doing and said I am doing in first post?

I admit when I come off like a jerk, any ya, my last post was a little jerkish, but no need for you to be like that dude. I didn't swear at anyone, certainly not you, no need for you to swear at me.

take off the shift boot, take off the plastics around the shifting boot, take 2 screws out of the main plastics

pull the plastics off

take off 6 bolts, take out cd player.

ok i looked it up....by the looks of things take a plastic pry tool or putty knife ($.50 at home depot used to make sure you do not scratch the dash) and start by prying out around the corners of the bezel surrounding the radio...start at the top as that is the only part that is pretty much guaranteed not to have any screws in it.....work you way down towards the bottom....if it seems to get stuck around the bottom pry out on the piece containing the ac controls and stretching to the passenger side vent....when it comes off there will likely be one of two screws holding that top bezel in and voila

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.