• Thread starter <MinionStax>
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<MinionStax>

I have 2 JL's 12w6 subs and a PPI A1200 art series yes that's right the old beast, anyway I now have them running at 3ohm stereo, is their a

better way to run the subs. Thank's in advance for any reply's

Definately. Since the W6's are dual 6 ohm subs you could wire the coils on each sub in paralel so that each sub would now be 3 ohms with the coils combined. After this, wire both subs together in paralel again. This would yield a 1.5ohm mono load between the two subs.

I would make sure that your amp can handle that low of an ohm load first though, as damage could occur to the amp if it is ran with too low of impedence.

To my knowledge, 1.5 ohms shouldnt be an issue with a PPI amp, however I havent used them in a while so I would double check first.

Good Luck,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.