2006 Mustang GT Droptop (with pics)

Well, I did pick up the car used for about $26K last year.

The equipment goes around $11-12K retail and is a bit skewed because it's an expensive alarm, about $1,000 with all the extra features added and the navi system is like $1,700 but it's about as sweet a nav as there is. The amps, well they are PDX... That stands for Pretty D.amn Xpensive but I wanted it to be able to get louder than I would ever listen to it without getting distorted. With all the power, I can drive with the top down and still get blasted out yet still keep it sounding clean.

Here's the real thing though, with the first shop, thought I was getting a great deal, getting out for just $10K which would be great considering the equipment, but they hacked it so bad they even did about $1,000 worth of DAMAGE to the car.

So I figured that if I was gonna do it this big, I was gonna make sure the 2nd install was done right. For those not familiar with Speakerworks, they are truly a legendary shop. They have had a hand in 17 SQ world championships including, IIRC, 12 in a row between their Buick Grand National and Harry Kimura's Acura. So I knew I was in for another big bill but I knew it would be a fantastic job. I know of no other shop with that kind of resume.

To answer ChevyAudio's question, the first hack shop had it like 20 days including the two times I had to take it back for fixes. Speakerworks had it for 10 days, pulled everything out and put it all back in having to even fabricate some missing parts to get the speakers to go back to coaxial. Are there shops that woulda been cheaper, yes. Are their shops that would have charged SIGNIFICANTLY less and done as good a job, no I don't think there are.

As far as the overall cost, I coulda spent the $40K on a Porsche, noone woulda thought me stoopid for it. Basically I wanted that exact Mustang and I wanted a monster system with every bell and whistle. That's what I got. And I only drive it about 4-6K miles a year and plan to be in it for 10-15 years if not longer.

Oh yeah, the whole thing is a tax write-off too because I write off all my vehicle expenses through my business, so that effectively knocks $6k off of the final cost.

And to the red hataz... The red makes it secksy! I specifically held out for that red. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

very good look //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Ford Mustang not only FTW, but For Eternity //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Red wouldnt of been the first choice of color but it still looks pretty sweet. Had a buddy who had the same exact car and as soon as i drove it i wanted one. Nice ride, nice system:2thumbs:

ditch the caps

other than that, it's pretty much my dream car with an outstanding stereo. great work man
LMAO a the dorm thread ref'd in your sig dude... I remember reading that last year. Fugga won't die... Night of the Living Thread. I am tempted to post a bump just to stir the fecal matter, but nah...

Oh and thanks. Re: the caps... I had 'em so why not, I know the arguments for & against, but they're paid for and they're pretty! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Dude you got ripped big time. That equipment does not go for "11k-12k" maybe at your local shop that screws people left and right, but if you even looked on this forum you could have found better deals and better equipment.

That being said, the install does look nice, and if you are happy with it, that's what matters.

Dude you got ripped big time. That equipment does not go for "11k-12k" maybe at your local shop that screws people left and right, but if you even looked on this forum you could have found better deals and better equipment.
That being said, the install does look nice, and if you are happy with it, that's what matters.
It's not like I said, I want a system let's see what equipment I can piecemeal together. I researched, researched, researched and researched some more. Had specific needs & challenges for this car, not the least of which was that I wanted to keep some trunk space yet get as much power as possible while using small amps. I knew exactly what I wanted, had the wherewithall to get it so I got exactly what I wanted.

Excluding the expensive alarm and the Optima and dampening, MSRP on the equipment is $10,440.98 including tax.

Well I like it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But I am also happy with my system that cost 16x less than yours. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I like it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
But I am also happy with my system that cost 16x less than yours. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Awesome! We are both happy! You just have more money left in the bank! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Isn't life grand?

Awesome! We are both happy! You just have more money left in the bank! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Isn't life grand?
I am also a poor college student. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

TBH

You would have turned more heads if you actually did the install yourself.

Basically this is similar to a guy going to a hot rod forums and saying 'Hey look what I bought off ebay.'

Though you did state that you did research most of your items before the actual installation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.