2 Alpine R-SB10V on S-A60M?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nealuss

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all, first time poster here. Title pretty much sums it up. Basically I currently have one Alpine R-SB10V (Halo series linkable prefab) on a S-A60M. The amp is rated for 600w @2ohm but the dyno sheet states it tested at 850w rms. I just bought a second R-SB10V I will be getting an R2-A150M (1500w rms suggested by alpine) when I can afford it, but that may be a couple of months. Should I go ahead and set up the second sub with the amp I have or just leave the 1 until I can get the right amp? Will it be better, worse, or about the same?

Should I go ahead and set up the second sub with the amp I have or just leave the 1 until I can get the right amp? Will it be better, worse, or about the same?
Being that the sub is wired to 2 Ohms, you will have to wire the other in series for a 4 Ohms load. That will then be 165 to ~220 watts RMS per sub. That should sound better than 1 sub at 600 to 850 watts RMS.
Re-edit- will this be in a trunk?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...