Android 9.0 double din head unit review

Participant count
  • Participant list

pealmada78

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Bought the Pumpkin AA0495B universal 2 din Android 9.0 head unit last two months.
I had a few issues with the initial setup and software settings but the support team was very responsive and helpful.

The stock launcher isn't overly customizable but when setup with something like CarWebGuru Launcher, as I have done, it does everything it says it does. GPS, Bluetooth & Wifi signal is good, connects to the rearview camera as advertised. I have no issues with this radio at all, fitted by myself with no experience of this kind of thing in a 2012 Mazda 2/Demio.

Please note that this is actually my second purchase as the first one died after less than a year but after some investigating it turned out to be a random hardware failure and I was fully refunded as it came under Pumpkin's warranty. I was offered a replacement but I decided to buy a second purely for speed as the replacement unit would have taken longer to get to me, to which Pumpkin accepted and refunded me promptly.

For the money, I am more than happy with this radio. I can not really comment on sound quality as I am not clued up on car sound systems at all. I know a lot of people are apparent experts on here when it comes to these matters but for me, it does the job of playing music while I drive plus all the functionality of being an Android unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.