Best 12" SQL Sub for my Lexus IS F?

Which 12" SQL Subwoofer Would Be The Best?

• Audison Voce AV12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DynAudio E1200

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Illusion Audio C12

• Illusion Audio C12 XL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Image Dynamics IDQ

• Morel Ultimo

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Ah, I understand... The box was attended more toward the Image Dynamics IDQ v.3

The subs I have listed all have around the same parameters / specs of the IDQ (box recommendations), some members have even used Morel Ultimo and JLW6

Ah, I understand... The box was attended more toward the Image Dynamics IDQ v.3
The subs I have listed all have around the same parameters / specs of the IDQ (box recommendations), some members have even used Morel Ultimo and JLW6
If you really want SQL your gonna need a properly tuned ported box based on the thiele small parameters of the specific subwoofer not just enclosure size. Tuning, port area and efficiency all play a part in how well your subs sound. Its also recommended to find the resonant frequency of your car so you can tune the enclosure to smooth out the peaks so your frequency response is flat and smooth as possible.

Well the subwoofer box I have is a sealed enclosure, plus I am really going more toward pure SQ and to balance the stock/oem Mark Levinson system

Well the subwoofer box I have is a sealed enclosure, plus I am really going more toward pure SQ and to balance the stock/oem Mark Levinson system
most SQ competition winning substages i've seen are in 1/4 wave Transmission line enclosures and ported enclosures. Sealed is fine for everyday use but if you want the Best SQ, you need a specially tuned/designed enclosure, not a sealed enclosure that fits your car.

most SQ competition winning substages i've seen are in 1/4 wave Transmission line enclosures and ported enclosures. Sealed is fine for everyday use but if you want the Best SQ, you need a specially tuned/designed enclosure, not a sealed enclosure that fits your car.
I am not looking to compete or any competition winning sub system, just pure sq and balanced sound stage with my OEM Mark Levinson Audio

Just trying to figure out which sub would be best out of the choices in the poll - all the subwoofers listed have been researched to work with the box I have

Ok, so based on my research and calculations with the 1.35 cubic ft enclosure - these are the QTC I got:

AV12 = .9226

IDQ v.3 =.711

IDQ v.4 = .8736

C12 = .67

C12 XL = .96

Ultimo = .75

Now that I have finally gotten my enclosure, I was able to get actual measurements...

Mounting Outside Diameter = 12.8"

Cut Out Diameter = 11"

Based on those measurements, I can only work with:

Image Dynamics IDQv3

Morel Ultimo

Illusion Audio C12 - Magnet would be either very close and/or touching the enclosure's grill

Modifications:

Illusion Audio C12 XL - Will have to sand down the opening (Cut Out Diameter is 11.18")

Arc Audio Black 12V2 - Same Cutout Diameter as C12 XL

I've decided to go with the illusion Audio Carbon C12, but can't decide on the amp... Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 or AS 200.2?

I also want to know if the AudioControl Lc2i is good to get or should I get something else?

I would say just go with the ID sub. The install you are following in DIY and the it looks like the box you bought is using the ID. I agree with everyone that said you should build the box to the sub not get the box and find a sub, but you already have the box. Sealed in your application wont be the best, but it certainly wont be the worst.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...