Best 12" SQL Sub for my Lexus IS F?

Which 12" SQL Subwoofer Would Be The Best?

• Audison Voce AV12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DynAudio E1200

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Illusion Audio C12

• Illusion Audio C12 XL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Image Dynamics IDQ

• Morel Ultimo

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

shahir
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 2012 Lexus IS F with the Mark Levinson 7.1 system package. The highs and mids are really nice, but the system lacks the low end (bass). So I need something that can be well balanced with the OEM ML audio.

Also, I will be using an AudioControl LC2i for the line out convertor.

The box I am going to be using is a 4080 / Boxology custom made enclosure, which is 1.35 cubic feet with a ~ 8.5" mounting depth.

With the subwoofer you select from the choices, which amplifier should I get to power it with?

Cliff Notes:

- Want the Best 12" Subwoofer Balanced with OEM Sound System

- Have a Lexus IS F w/Mark Levinson Audio

- Using 4080/Boxology 1.35cb ft Sealed Box

Last edited by a moderator:
More History / Details about the Sub Enclosure:

2010 Lexus IS-F install, pics galore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Simple SQ Build - 08 Lexus IS250 - Mosconi & Morel - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

As stated by Bing @ Simplicity in Sound, "this IS box is just awesome, everything from the mm exact fit, to the super thick walls, no drill mounting, and the beautiful pressure fit grille. As I always tell my customers if their cars can utilize one of his boxes, I can’t build a better box regardless of how much you pay me, so just use this one"

If you're really interested in sound quality, don't choose an enclosure before you choose a sub. You can choose an alignment (ported, bandpass, transmission line) before the sub but not the size or other characteristics like port area and tuning.

I can make a cheap sub sound great just by putting it in an appropriately designed box. Likewise, thousands of people make great subs sound bad by not doing just that.

If you're really interested in sound quality, don't choose an enclosure before you choose a sub. You can choose an alignment (ported, bandpass, transmission line) before the sub but not the size or other characteristics like port area and tuning.
I can make a cheap sub sound great just by putting it in an appropriately designed box. Likewise, thousands of people make great subs sound bad by not doing just that.
Second that

Ssa icon.... Make sure you get a GOOD custom box!!!! If you getting into hard-core sq your gona need to start with a good source unit.. Maybe get some thing with optical out.

Second that
Ssa icon.... Make sure you get a GOOD custom box!!!! If you getting into hard-core sq your gona need to start with a good source unit.. Maybe get some thing with optical out.
I'm not sure if anyone has read my second post, but the box in question is the best made/built for my car - nothing but positive reviews by many installers

I'm not sure if anyone has read my second post, but the box in question is the best made/built for my car - nothing but positive reviews by many installers
So what you're saying is that this box is soo good you can put any subwoofer in it and it will sould great? What we're trying to tell you is that no matter how good a box is, if it's not make for a particular subwooer the subwoofer wiil sound like poop. Since you let people convince you this box is amazing, perhaps they can tell you what subwoofer they are running in it as not all subwoofers will sound good in that box.

So what you're saying is that this box is soo good you can put any subwoofer in it and it will sould great? What we're trying to tell you is that no matter how good a box is, if it's not make for a particular subwooer the subwoofer wiil sound like poop. Since you let people convince you this box is amazing, perhaps they can tell you what subwoofer they are running in it as not all subwoofers will sound good in that box.
^^^ This. Whatever you pick, get a box made for the sub. The box you picked might look good in your car but sound like shiit.

Your car doesn't have to operate in the box, the subwoofer does. If you're convinced that that box is the best, and I'm not saying it isn't, I'd forget about subwoofer brands and start looking for a sub that will model well in that enclosure. Because as I said above, you can buy the finest, most expensive or most name popular sub in the world and if it doesn't like that box it won't sound good in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...