cadence comps

Hey guys how do the Cadence sound compared to Polk speakers? I'm wanting to buy a good set of comps this week and I'm stuck with 5.25". I'm looking at Cadence ZRS55KS or ZRS5K, or Polk db5251 or MM5251. There's only a $70 price difference from the lowest priced to the highest so which would be the better buy in yalls opinion?

can really compare them to the polk audio brand since i havent had experience with them but i have had my set of cadence zrs 65ks series comps now for a few months and love them. the sound out of them just running off the HU is crisp.... tweets pick up the highs just right and the mids compliment the tweets very well for sure. i just tweaked some of the settings on the HU to my liking for the comps and in the end very pleased with the purchase.

i have the cwm 6 kit in my 96 and i just blew the tweeters yesterday. They were not harsh they were actually very smooth sounding. I'm guessing since tweeters only pop from clipping, I was distorting them too much. But I could have sworn they had a lot more in them.

i have the cwm 6 kit in my 96 and i just blew the tweeters yesterday. They were not harsh they were actually very smooth sounding. I'm guessing since tweeters only pop from clipping, I was distorting them too much. But I could have sworn they had a lot more in them.
yeah i had one pop also. they sent me a whole new set for free

I have yet to actually break anything other then breaking off a wire on the terminal of a 6.5. They are very tight and I bumped it while putting it in so I had to solder it back on...that was it though..no other issues to speak of. Still sound great and still working like a charm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

05fronty

5,000+ posts
SALT PETER
05fronty
conway,ar
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date