Can you wire a sub with home theatre speaker cable?

Found some good Monster THX certified speaker cable for home theatre. Can I use it to wire up my subwoofer? Is there a difference between speaker wire and home theatre speaker cable?
wire is wire. Theres ZERO difference. its just a strand of copper within insulation. Home audio, welding, car audio all the same sh*t. Just use the appropriate size gauge of wire and that its pure copper and you are fine. Any thoughts of concerns you have about any possible differences are irrelevant. Just use it as any normal wire.

to be honest though, copper clad aluminium does okay as well, just need a bigger size then pure copper.

Found some good Monster THX certified speaker cable for home theatre. Can I use it to wire up my subwoofer? Is there a difference between speaker wire and home theatre speaker cable?
Probably no substantive difference. AWG (wire gage) is most important, the bigger the better.

John Kuthe...

It says home theatre on it because they want you to buy it vs. the reg wire.

luckily for you were here to tell you that it doesn't matter. jeff has broken down the "mystery wire" for ya.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Probably no substantive difference. AWG (wire gage) is most important, the bigger the better.
John Kuthe...
Bigger isn't always better. It's how you use it:D

It says home theatre on it because they want you to buy it vs. the reg wire.
luckily for you were here to tell you that it doesn't matter. jeff has broken down the "mystery wire" for ya.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Bigger isn't always better. It's how you use it:D
Truedat! Every connection is a potential bottleneck and just one bad (high resistance) connection can screw up all the good low resistance wires/connections in the circuit. Each and every connection in the circuit has the potential for introducing too-high a resistance and botching the whole job/circuit path.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.