Car Amp Repairs

zach90z
10+ year member

Hi, I stumbled upon this forum while I was googling around about car amps and I wanted to lend out a helping hand on car amp repairs. I own and Electronic repair business out here in NY and have been into repairing electronics since I was a kid. Business isn’t doing the best and I wanted to do some side work and put some money in my pocket since I’m in college at the moment and everything is going up in price. So I thought I would post and see if you guys would give me a chance to repair your amplifiers since many places have a large backlog.

Shoot me a pm and we can go from their!

A bunch of members got burned by a guy last year like this. There is indeed a need for ppl to repair big amps, but you have to be good and do it right, and ppl have to get their amps back!

Having some refs would help a lot. Good luck.

My business is called

Electronic and Computer Pitstop, LLC

Address is:

8566 Main St

Williamsville, NY 14051

Store Number is:

716-633-2088 Ask for Zach

716-633-1088 Ask for Zach

I bought out Hi-Fi Hospital a business that has been around NY since 1981. The new business is filed under NY State a quick google search will give you the info or you can look the name up at NYS Division of Corporations, State Records and UCC. I am the C/O my full name is Zakaria Zahran

I do all the amp repairs at my shop, I would like to do a few on the side to not just help me out but to help people out too. If you want the repair done through my business it will be more expensive. If I do it on the side I will do it much cheaper. If anyone needs more info please don't hesitate to ask.

Yes I understand. I'm working on a massive 3000.1 amp, HiFonics Zeus VII at the shop I will take pictures and post them up tomorrow. I also just repaired a Audiobahn yesterday for one of my customers.

From what I understand the jacks are loose correct. Two things you can do replace the jack with the same ones I have them at my shop, remove the old solder (with solder wick) and apply new solder Or get female RCA jacks and solder them to the board. What do you think?

Edit: looked at pics again looks like bad solder joints for sure you can always solder them from above as that is a double board.

also is that a rockford fosgate amp?

it would be better if you could take some of the pics with those amps with your username also. like said earlier, a lot of people got burned by a guy on here repairing amps. and if you get started good with people on here, you will get a lot of amps to repair. so keep that in mind also

That is what I was gonna do. I'm on a computer forum and have about 800 posts I would sell my used stuff and had to do the same thing. I also have 100% positive feedback on ebay for buying selling stuff. But yes for sure I will post pics with my username!

2 things

1) you might need to become a vendor if you want to sell your services on this forum

2) I think if you fix a couple amps for a couple of local guys to you that are on this board (if there are any) that could help you a lot

this board and DIY have both had members burned pretty badly by someone saying they could repair amps - whether those guys were a scam from the begining or just became overwhelmed we do not know

hey, can you rebuild driver cards? that will be a huge bonus if you can build class d ouput driver cards. i have seen many amps sit in wait for a donor because nobody can get them, nor the op ic to repair. pics of work, and pics of workspace would be nice.

2 things1) you might need to become a vendor if you want to sell your services on this forum

2) I think if you fix a couple amps for a couple of local guys to you that are on this board (if there are any) that could help you a lot

this board and DIY have both had members burned pretty badly by someone saying they could repair amps - whether those guys were a scam from the begining or just became overwhelmed we do not know
I was reading the rules didn't see anything about being a vendor?

akeathen: Can you take a pick for me for the driver card I may be able to but they are a pain and chips are very hard to get but take a pick so I can see.

edit: Biggest problem too is companies erase the chips so you don't repair them yourself

timmithy: I don't have driver cards sorry.

Im at home right now. Ill be going to the shop tommrow I will post pics then!

Here are the pics!

dscf0033rz.jpg

dscf0031y.jpg

dscf0030c.jpg

dscf0029ed.jpg

dscf0028p.jpg

dscf0027ap.jpg

dscf0026hz.jpg

dscf0019ku.jpg

dscf0020l.jpg

dscf0022uc.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.