Car Amp Repairs

Alright so got my xtant a3001 amp back yesterday 10/4. he received 9/6 so about a month turnaround. I told him it wasnt a big hurry, could maybe say just give a lil better idea up front on how long turn around COULD be. Amp came back packed good like i sent it. Communication was good, i was a lil skeptical at first when he asked me to resend photos of the board after he already had the amp. he told me it was to identify a part... guessing he misplaced a bad one or something?? never really quite got that but not a huge deal. He was very fair on price, and i did install the amp today and worked fine. only had it on for about 5 mins, but ill give it a while and give a quick update. Should be good, it had a warranty void sticker on it, and i did open it to see firsthand and the work looks very good. Looks the way it left original, at least for me anyways.

Overall experience id say a 9.5/10. would definately work with again.

Thanks for the review! What happened was I replaced the shorted out diode and it burned up a resistor and that was why I asked for the pics because Xtant will not release the schematics for the unit since they still repair it. That was why I asked for the pics so I could see if it was a 2k ohm or 200ohm resister unfortunately the pics didnt help but I was right and it turned out it was 200ohm so I replaced it with a 240ohm resister. That resister controls voltage to the FET's and 240 ohm was perfect for it! Here are some pics of the repair. I also soldered the rca jacks since the grounds were loose.

img00340201109302006.jpg

img00339201109302006.jpg

img00338201109302005.jpg

@destined2race: Good to hear your happy. I had it running for half a day at full power when I was testing it!

Thanks guys. I just fixed rangerboy101's amp today. I am currently working on kmanian's Diablo Audio Tech 8.1 amp. So once his amp is done I will start taking amps again. Ill post pics of the progress on his amp. Its a very big amp lol!

Anyone that sends me an amp without my knowledge will have thier amp sent back.

Next in line to send me an amp is pho4metay.

@destined2race: Good to hear your happy. I had it running for half a day at full power when I was testing it!
Thanks guys. I just fixed rangerboy101's amp today. I am currently working on kmanian's Diablo Audio Tech 8.1 amp. So once his amp is done I will start taking amps again. Ill post pics of the progress on his amp. Its a very big amp lol!

Anyone that sends me an amp without my knowledge will have thier amp sent back.

Next in line to send me an amp is pho4metay.
Only taking waht you can do in a decent amount of time is a great idea, keep the disappointment of 6 month delays out of the picture.

Also pick what you want to work on, making sure your rep stays solid.

Yup! here is a video for rangerboy101. Will post pics in a few.

@ Kmanian that video will show you the quality of my helmet cam. That's at 720p 60fps I can go up to 1080P with it.

edit: How do I embed a video on here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.