Car Stereo setup...what else do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mokkema
10+ year member

Chicago
Ok, I've decided on the speakers I'm going to get.

Front Doors: Infinity Kappa 63.5i (3 ways for the front doors for good clarity)

Rear Deak: Infinity Kappa 692.5i (2 ways for the back for better bass)

I've got a Pioneer 8400MP headunit...but I'm tired of running it with stock speakers...

So what else do I need? Wires? Anything else?

Also, I know I need to get an amp at sometime, I know it isn't good to run the speakers underpowered...but since I dont have the $$$ right now, I just wanna run it off the headunit for the time being (not long at all...most a month) if that. Is that ok? and when i DO get the amp, what should I get? I need some good suggestions. I was told a 4 way amp would be good...suggestions? Thanks!!!

For just upgrading the speakers, all you'll need is a little bit of speaker wire to tap into the factory wires. Plus solder/wire nuts/electrical tape or whatever you decide to use to connect the wires

As far as the amp, there's nothing wrong with underpowering a speaker so long as it's getting a clean signal, so there's no need to worry about running them off the HU....although you should keep the Bass and Treble settings at 0.

As far as an amp... http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/USAUSX4065 or http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/USAUSX4085

Ok so I shouldn't directly connect my factory wires onto my new speakers? I should put new speaker wire between the factory wire and the new speakers? (I think thats what your saying)

And what does everyone else think about it? (As well as the US Acoustics amps) I have no problem getting them i just wanna be sure...

Originally posted by Mokkema Ok so I shouldn't directly connect my factory wires onto my new speakers? I should put new speaker wire between the factory wire and the new speakers? (I think thats what your saying)
Um....i'm not quite sure what you're asking....but the only thing you will need is speaker wire to run from the terminals to the factory wires.....unless your factory wires provide enough slack that you can hook them directly onto the terminals....or if your speakers come with passive crossovers/if they already have speaker wire to connect to the terminals.....either way, it's no big deal.

As far as US Acoustics, they are great amps. Do some searching on the forum for more info....you won't find one bad thing said about them.

U.S. amps are great quality amps

Gauntlet is right, all u need is speaker wire, if u even need that, but ur HU will also be fine running ur speakers, just watch for distortion, if so, keep volume down a little bit

Another vote for the USAUSX4085. I just got mine in today and man does this thing kick ass! Can say enough good things about us acoustics for the money. I have one for my mids and highs and one for both of my edk 12" s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.