Looking for a good affordable car stereo receiver.

As I said you want a marine head unit. IF you do go non-marine you want one of these covers if your boat doesn't have it.

Otherwise one splash and you are done. Plus as I said you want that back area sealed up tight as well if going non-marine.

As I said you want a marine head unit. IF you do go non-marine you want one of these covers if your boat doesn't have it.

Otherwise one splash and you are done. Plus as I said you want that back area sealed up tight as well if going non-marine.

Thanks, The radio will be going underneath the boat dash in a fully covered plastic rack case. The back will be slightly opened for air dissipation, It basically won't be exposed to any water.

Last edited:
Let us know what you have decided upon, and let us know how well it works for you. others may be interested in knowing what works well and doesnt,and may be in the same market to purchase.

I see you already bought it, but maybe I can talk you into returning it. :giggle:

When you say you want decent wattage, why?
Most head units are about 40-50w RMS per channel. If your speakers are 100w per channel RMS then use an amp. If you have speakers around 50w per channel, then great use a head unit that is 50w RMS per channel.
75w x 4 MAX, but what is it RMS? They don't even list it in the manual, and that's the standardized rating. MY GUESS is 30w per channel RMS IF YOU'RE LUCKY, probably 22.

If you're using an amp, then you want a higher voltage signal/output. AGAIN, they don't even list it on their website, or in the manual. If you have access to a DD1 you can find out, but I'll bet it's 2v or less.

Pyle is known for being part of the cheapest lineup. You certainly could have done better. Setting your absolute bar at $75, honestly was just a little .... misunderstood. I would have bought a used head unit before I would have bought this, if for some reason I wouldn't go over $75. I would hunt on ebay, or here and wait for a deal, if some reason I wouldn't go up to $100 or $120.

I just really think you're going to regret getting this one. OKAY, MY ONLY ADVICE HERE: If you do buy it; wire it up, and test it out right away. When you are not happy, return it within the window, and keep looking. Don't sit on this for a month, before you finally get around to it, and the return window closes on you.

They have those dash kits, and all of the wiring harnesses for the head units they sell, wiring harness is included as is the dash kit when you purchase a head unit from them, and they provide detailed instructions how to remove trim panels, old factory stereos etc., and how to install and wire the new one.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...