Carolina Reaper... Anyone Chili Heads Here?

I might have some, I have 9 pods maturing to full size, one changing color and about a hundred flowers about to bloom. The **** loads of flowers is a good sign of a huge harvest I hope, I'll send you a couple peppers if you wanna get started after the winter. I got my seeds from ed currie, the mad genius himself.
Absolutely. PM me when they're ready and I can paypal you to cover shipping.

I had a Thai pepper plant in a tomato topsy turvy, grown from seeds. Thing produced by the dozens. I was growing red savina habaneros, too, but my stepson assassinated them because be was scared they'd be too hot and I'd make him eat them when he did stupid stuff like break into a locked cupboard and eat, literally, all the sweets and 2 cups of sugar. He is autistic, and has zero impulse control.

I'd grow more, but now that I've moved from SoCal to WA, I'm not sure how they'd fare.

I took a bite of an unripe one that just barely turn yellow. HOLY FUCK. this is some bad SHIT. Already strong as a ghost pepper when its not ripe. FYI, the pepper forums say that when its green its NOTHING even remotely close to how spicy it is when its red.

14365353_1253536518022223_528122380_n.jpg

Here's my ripened one

14383311_1253584724684069_1517096305_n.jpg

This thread has my mouth watering. How'd they turn out when red?
On an empty stomach, its bad but not that bad just 5 mins of bouncing off the wall pain. A full stomach though, fking horrible.

What happened felt like the pepper merged with all the chicken noodle soup i had beforehand and created a supernova inside my stomach. Felt like my life was threatened and forced myself to vomit.

On an empty stomach, its bad but not that bad just 5 mins of bouncing off the wall pain. A full stomach though, fking horrible.
What happened felt like the pepper merged with all the chicken noodle soup i had beforehand and created a supernova inside my stomach. Felt like my life was threatened and forced myself to vomit.
That's odd. Last time I ate a superhot on an empty stomach I had stomach pain for six hours. If I eat something with some carbs and fat beforehand I can enjoy them without that nasty side effect.

That's odd. Last time I ate a superhot on an empty stomach I had stomach pain for six hours. If I eat something with some carbs and fat beforehand I can enjoy them without that nasty side effect.
Only lasted 5 to 7 mins. But it felt that bad. Its probably my body type or its because hot soup enhances spicines.

pm me your shipping bud, i'll mail you two peppers.
Got them. Thanks! I'll send you a little something from my farm next time I'm out to the post office.

As a review, these peppers are f*cking nasty. I'd say apart from just something to do on a dare, or because you can, there's no reason at all to use them. I found the flavor (raw just taking a bite) was somewhat red pepper to fruity(similar to a scotch bonnet) but a bit bitter/sour (underneath the heat). I'm going to throw some in with my steak and eggs this morning and see how that works out cooked a bit, and I'll definitely try to save some seeds and grow some next year, but I don't think they're really going to start showing up on store shelves any time soon. The flavor just isn't that great, and while they're stupid hot, you can get to the same place with Habanero.

*edit*

It really smelled nice sizzling up in the pan and was hot as expected, still not impressed with the flavor. Apart from dare/practical joke applications I don't see why anybody would want these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got them. Thanks! I'll send you a little something from my farm next time I'm out to the post office.
As a review, these peppers are f*cking nasty. I'd say apart from just something to do on a dare, or because you can, there's no reason at all to use them. I found the flavor (raw just taking a bite) was somewhat red pepper to fruity(similar to a scotch bonnet) but a bit bitter/sour (underneath the heat). I'm going to throw some in with my steak and eggs this morning and see how that works out cooked a bit, and I'll definitely try to save some seeds and grow some next year, but I don't think they're really going to start showing up on store shelves any time soon. The flavor just isn't that great, and while they're stupid hot, you can get to the same place with Habanero.

*edit*

It really smelled nice sizzling up in the pan and was hot as expected, still not impressed with the flavor. Apart from dare/practical joke applications I don't see why anybody would want these.
lol yeah they arent meant for normal consumption more of a dare thing.

were they fully red and ripe when you tried it? If its not fully red, it can taste bitter. It should have ripened enough during the shipping time though.

lol yeah they arent meant for normal consumption more of a dare thing.
were they fully red and ripe when you tried it? If its not fully red, it can taste bitter. It should have ripened enough during the shipping time though.

Pretty well red, but might be improved a little by ripening on the vine? I'll put the last one in some tortilla soup tomorrow and see how that works out.

Dang i missed this thread. Ive attempted ghosts a few times, but end up getting blossom drop.

This year i did 16 different peppers. My favorites being scotch bonnets which were hot with almost a tropical undertone and chocolate habeneros, which were hotter than all my other habeneros.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.