Carputer 101

I managed to get everything set up the way I want it except for the HQCT - I can't seem to get it to work with my sound card.

I think the way I had my audio output may have been why I had a noticable amount of feed back. I have a Sound Blaster USB thing. I did it that way mainly to convert it to RCA without the phono plug adapter. Well, I think plugging the adapter in to the ear phone socket to plug in my RCAs to would have been a better route. Either way...its done for now.

Tired of broken $400+ monitors. 3 in a little over a year.

What do most of you guys use for sound cards? I've had my CarPC for about a year and a half and I've been using the onboard sound card on the Via M10000 board I use. Lately I have been noticed that the onboard sound card really lacks in quality of music. I've been thinking about picking up an external USB sound card, but what do you guys use?

I've checked over on Mp3car and they have a list of USB cards, but not many people run them I don't think. I cannot use a PCI card because I do not have any PCI slots on my case.

Also, I've seen many people running the Alpine H701 in addition to the PC and sound card, what exactlly does this help?

Thanks in advance for the help.

With the h701 you get the amazing tuning abilities of the h701 with the functionality of the carpc.

I use an Azuntech 7.1 sound card in 2-channel digital optical mode to my h701

What do you guys recommend I do since I can only use a USB sound card? Any body have experience with any of them or can you tell me if one is much better than another.

my screen shited on me last night //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I think it blew a fuse somehow...anyone know where i can i get that tiny ass fuse?...lilliput 619

I think the way I had my audio output may have been why I had a noticable amount of feed back. I have a Sound Blaster USB thing. I did it that way mainly to convert it to RCA without the phono plug adapter. Well, I think plugging the adapter in to the ear phone socket to plug in my RCAs to would have been a better route. Either way...its done for now.
Tired of broken $400+ monitors. 3 in a little over a year.
The USB card should have less feedback or noise. A computer is much noisier than the environment in your car. An internal Sound Card always has some level of noise that can be detected. I used the USB audigyNX for that reason in my home theater. I got noise with EVERY internal. No noise with the NX and a toslink. Something else is introducing the noise.

Sorry to hear about that Mega. I took my Lilli apart, and I see why it broke. A gear on one of the motors was shattered. So....I will put this one in my 88 Mazda. I am building another PC setup. This one will be somewhat difft. THe lilli wont be a flip, it will be just a screen, lol.

Go to radio shack, or some other local electronics store, and see what they have to offer for what you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...