5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
Item(s) for Sale:

CDT Audio HD-6CF.2 6.5" 2 ohm Mids

2 pairs available

Item(s) Description/Condition:

NIB

Cast 6.5” Carbon Fiber audiophile mid-woofer

CDT introduces HD-6CF, incorporating a new parametric blend in an affordable package that puts deep, sweet, enhanced bass and midrange response in your vehicle. Suitable for enclosed or free air use in your vehicle, these drivers provide full, rich, bass below. The may be simply mounted in a panel or deck with or without a sub-enclosure.

The air load is provided mechanically in the suspension or may be augmented with a back load by sub-enclosure. Designed and built to deliver accurate, natural, clean and smooth performance, never heard before from a 6.5” driver.

The HD-CF Carbon Fiber series enhances smooth bass and clean mid without the high cost - the pleasure without the pain.

Technical specs and contents:

• 1 pair 6.5” Cast Carbon Fiber cone woofers
  • Frequency response: 65 Hz - 6000 Hz
  • Power handling: 80W RMS each with a HPF 120Hz
  • Impedance: 2 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 90.56dB
  • Mounting depth: 2.4” (61.9mm)
  • Diameter: 6.5” (170mm)
  • Cone: woven carbon fiber
  • Magnet weight: 20 Oz
  • Cone surround: rubber
  • Voice coil: 1.0” (26mm)
  • FS: 65.27Hz

If your application is not unusually restricted on depth I have other CDT mid-woofers that will handle more power, especially if you can fit a 3" deep woofer.

Price:

$100 shipped to the lower 48 states

$190 for 2 pairs

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Worldwide shipping is available. PM me for a quote.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

These are not as deep, don't have a frequency response as low as and are less powerful than their HD-6 counterparts, but are they still an HD driver in sound? Is the CF material used to compensate for less power or size? Thanks Trumpet.

These are not as deep, don't have a frequency response as low as and are less powerful than their HD-6 counterparts, but are they still an HD driver in sound? Is the CF material used to compensate for less power or size? Thanks Trumpet.
I don't know exactly why these have a carbon fiber cone and none of the other HD mids are built that way. I've been told the carbon fiber cone sounds a little warmer, but you wouldn't know without doing a comparison of your own. Putting on a phase plug takes down the sensitivity a bit because it's taking away cone surface area. If we compare these on paper to HD-6 then HD-6CF can be crossed about 10 Hz lower on the bottom end before distortion gets out of hand. That means this is a little more midbass-friendly woofer. The smaller voice coil accounts for the lower power handling. It should be a good compromise for the doors that can't fit HD-6 or HD-M6.

Ya, unfortunately, unless I want to cut door metal, I'm stuck with a mounting depth of about 2.6" (including cutting away at the plastic door for more depth) and the common depth of 2.75 on CL6, HD6, etc won't quite fit. Trying to find a 6.5 woofer from CDT that will play low (crossed at 2500 [ex550i]) but isn't 3" deep - hard to do I know. The ES-6ims would be perfect I think, but $350 on woofers is a bit steep. Thanks for responding!

would you mind verifying the measurement of the diameter of the speaker? I'm pressed for space on my kick panels so I'd like to be sure. The kick panels accept a maximum diameter of 6.5"

just saw these HD-6CF's are designed for free air use, would there be a better option for a kick panel? I assume the foam that was packed in the open space around the speaker creates some sort of loading effect

zeylBqCz_5aC1uypnnI9LWLyOj-UWEVxUkhIDAqs3mg

Ya, unfortunately, unless I want to cut door metal, I'm stuck with a mounting depth of about 2.6" (including cutting away at the plastic door for more depth) and the common depth of 2.75 on CL6, HD6, etc won't quite fit. Trying to find a 6.5 woofer from CDT that will play low (crossed at 2500 [ex550i]) but isn't 3" deep - hard to do I know. The ES-6ims would be perfect I think, but $350 on woofers is a bit steep. Thanks for responding!
trumpet will probably be able to offer you the best answer, but have you considered using MDF mounting rings to give you another quarter inch of space?

We have 1 pair of 6.5" 2 ohm carbon fiber woofers on hand, plus a CDT MXMA mini Class AB 2-channel amplifier. If you're looking for an outstanding sound quality front stage let's talk about making this a component system+amp package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...