cheapest way to add time delay? any ideas?

why does an RTA flat result sound bad?

the answer lies in the equal loudness contours and study of audiometry.

we don't hear flat - we don't like flat. flat is not "natural" to us.

some argue that RTA flat should be a faithful representation of the original. but anyone who has heard an RTA flat reproduction in a car will not be happy.

there are a lot of unique acoustic factors in a car that do not exist in rooms or outdoor venues. the solutions for a room are not the same as a solution for a car. hence the separation of home/pro/car audio products and solutions. while the desired end result is similar - the execution is UNIQUE.

Rich b, thanks! I figured out a cheap fix noted a few pages back with the 2 processors that I have. You mentioning that the 400 wouldn't delay with "analog" inputs is what helped me figure it out.
Anytime, just post back (with pics!) once you have the solution all worked out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Bump 'cus the album I recorded during this thread has been released by Sony:

Let me know how it sounds with all that added reverb and delay in your rear speakers. lol!

Live at Benaroya Hall with the Seattle Symphony - CD - Brandi Carlile

6a00d83452063969e2015432182ef9970c-500wi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.