Clutch Gone-Where to get a replacement?

Participant count
  • Participant list

boltpride
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
avondale, az
Im a complete noob when it comes to anything mechanical. lol. That being said i think my clutch is done with.....The car starts but when i put it in reverse it wont go. If it does it goes extremely slow. Same thing happens in first.

Last night i started the car and put it in third, let off the clutch thinking it would die and nothing. THat would mean the clutch is just not grabbing any gear correct? Or am i completely wrong?

Ive called around and my quotes are from 600 to 1300. I have a buddy that says he can do it for 160. All i need to is buy the clutch. This is what i was looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-OE-CLUTCH-KIT-01-05-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-GT-3-0L-V6_W0QQitemZ350180623562QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item350180623562&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

With all that said is this a hard job? The guy im going to have do it is a mechanic at a shop. Im wondering if i should just do it the right way and take it to a shop....

if you don't have a clue, i'd bring it to a shop and call it done. you may want to check cables for you shifter and clutch. if you clutch was gone you couldn't put it into any gear or even move it to that gear. sounds more like a broken cable more than anything else. how many miles on the car? perforamnce mods?

stock clutches rarely just crap out.

if you don't have a clue, i'd bring it to a shop and call it done. you may want to check cables for you shifter and clutch. if you clutch was gone you couldn't put it into any gear or even move it to that gear. sounds more like a broken cable more than anything else. how many miles on the car? perforamnce mods?
stock clutches rarely just crap out.
hmmmm. there is 122k on the car. No mods whatsover. It was slipping before. Not to bad tho. Over a day it stopped working..

03-13-09_1614.jpg

Also i jus got this car so i dont know how it was driven before me. I told the dealership i would repair it myself if they knocked off a couple payments...So next payment is late may. I hope i made the right decision. They are a small dealer and their mechanic was outta town...

what year is it, the clutch might have gone out around that many miles but I doubt it. it sounds more like a clutch cable is broke. i wouldn't take a delay in payments I'd tell them to either knock of a few percentage points or lower the price of the car by atleast 1k. it's gonna cost you about 1k to get someone to do the work if you do it yourself it'll be around 300.

check the clutch cable and also check the shifter cable. to me it sounds more like one of the shifter cables is broke. the cables will probably run you around $100 and about another $100 to get them installed.

check the clutch cable and also check the shifter cable. to me it sounds more like one of the shifter cables is broke. the cables will probably run you around $100 and about another $100 to get them installed.
where would those be? lol. I messed with the center console so maybe if theyre located there i coulda messed with them..??

whatever is covering your shifter base, it'll be under that. just follow the bottom of the shifter to the firewall, than from the firewall to the tranny. I had this happen to my focus, it was a $2 clip that broke. no saying that it is the same for you but just saying what happened to me.

whatever is covering your shifter base, it'll be under that. just follow the bottom of the shifter to the firewall, than from the firewall to the tranny. I had this happen to my focus, it was a $2 clip that broke. no saying that it is the same for you but just saying what happened to me.
Thanks. I will do that after im done eating today...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.