Component speaker for rap music, looking for good bass, and clear tweeters.

I agree with some others, just running a front stage gives you a more realistic sound. I would try the DD CX6.5 and if u just want the rear speakers DDCX6X9. Many people think dd just makes great subs. The highs and mids are like clean and super strong. If you dont have the JL amps yet, don't. I had some they are good but you can do better for the money. The ones I had the 300/4 and 450/4 will get hot after playing for a few hours(Like a good Saturday riding). Once again dd has an amp the dds4a check it out. It should cover all your hinds and mids needs. DDS4a Amplifier - DDAudio.com | Digital Designs : Speakers Made in the USA

Well I have a few choices I got it narrowed down to what would be the best choice.

1# Focal 165KPS upgraded version 165KPS UV (Upgraded Version) - http://www.woofersetc.com/p6701/165KPS-UV-(Upgraded-Version)--Focal-65"-PolyKevlar-Power-Components.htm

2# Rainbow Germaniums CS 265.25 - http://www.woofersetc.com/p7041/CS-26525--Rainbow-Germanium-65"-2Way-Component-System.htm

3# Image Dynamics XS-65s XS-65 - http://www.woofersetc.com/p5712/XS65--Image-Dynamics-65"-2-Way-Component-System.htm

4# CDT audio Eurosports ES-620Z - http://www.woofersetc.com/p1110/ES620Z--CDT-Audio-EuroSport-65"-2Way-Component-Speakers.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Only issue I see is that Woofers Etc. has been known to send out fake Focal and Rainbow speakers OR drivers from a lower line in their higher line of Focal and Rainbow component sets. If one wishes to take the gamble, then fine... It's your money! Just be warned that you may be getting the wrong driver or a counterfeit and Woofers will pull some BS excuse of being screwed by a distributor/shady source leaving you holding the bag.

Only issue I see is that Woofers Etc. has been known to send out fake Focal and Rainbow speakers OR drivers from a lower line in their higher line of Focal and Rainbow component sets. If one wishes to take the gamble, then fine... It's your money! Just be warned that you may be getting the wrong driver or a counterfeit and Woofers will pull some BS excuse of being screwed by a distributor/shady source leaving you holding the bag.
I don't have to buy them from woofersect but it was easy to put a link on there.

Also I thought they were a factory dealer for Rainbow?

anyways what about the speakers? not where they're from just the speakers themselves?

I've been contemplating the CDT myself. Do you think these beat anything you can find at Best Buy? Problem with CDT is, I can't find a local dealer that carries them, so I can't test before I buy.

I've been contemplating the CDT myself. Do you think these beat anything you can find at Best Buy? Problem with CDT is, I can't find a local dealer that carries them, so I can't test before I buy.
Those CDT's will be better than anything bestbuy carries. And I feel ya, Austin has no high-end audio stores //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I ended up going with the CDT's I'm going to have to add a spacer to fit the cdts in the stock location, adding dynamat to the doors, and other suggerstions to get the most out of the speakers?

I'm pretty excited, I usually just thew some subs in the trunk and called it a day.

I'm trying to set up my car for Sq now, taking my time going to do a clean install. No more jerry rigging just to bump. I'm getting to old for that, kinda new to correct audio set ups. any help would be appreciated.

I'm doing a passive crossover right now, eventually i'm going to run active once I have the money for a extra amp, and I get a good grasp on how to do it properly.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

I would suggest sealing the access holes as good as possible and using a little SDS, Dynamat, Second Skin, whatever to dampen the sheet metal.

For sealing the access holes, I've found gorilla tape and house for sale signs to work great and NO I didn't steal mine from any houses for sale... The real estate agent who sold me this house in 2005 left one of her signs behind so I put it to good use. I never understood those who add sheet metal, galvanized tin, aluminum, etc to seal the access holes in the door. All they are doing is adding more crap to resonate to the beat of the music that is going to require more deadening. IMHO, metal on metal is the absolute WORST idea for sealing those access holes.

ETA: since you went with CDT, I would recommend mounting those tweeters off-axis or attenuating them down as much as possible if mounted on-axis because they can be quite harsh with some source material. I know because I have these in one of my vehicles:

Front.jpg

CDT-tweeter.jpg

I would suggest sealing the access holes as good as possible and using a little SDS, Dynamat, Second Skin, whatever to dampen the sheet metal.
For sealing the access holes, I've found gorilla tape and house for sale signs to work great and NO I didn't steal mine from any houses for sale... The real estate agent who sold me this house in 2005 left one of her signs behind so I put it to good use. I never understood those who add sheet metal, galvanized tin, aluminum, etc to seal the access holes in the door. All they are doing is adding more crap to resonate to the beat of the music that is going to require more deadening. IMHO, metal on metal is the absolute WORST idea for sealing those access holes.

ETA: since you went with CDT, I would recommend mounting those tweeters off-axis or attenuating them down as much as possible if mounted on-axis because they can be quite harsh with some source material. I know because I have these in one of my vehicles:

Front.jpg

CDT-tweeter.jpg
Thanks,

I'm a heating a/c guy so I have access to tons of sheet metal. That might of been one of my first choices. Thanks one of my daughter friends mom is a R.E. agent so im going to talk to her.

Thanks for the tip on the tweeters, i'll do that. I don't know when i'll get subs in but atleast it'll sound good until then.

Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.