Component speaker for rap music, looking for good bass, and clear tweeters.

Hevychevyjeff
10+ year member

I head this is a good place to find info for hooking up some good sounds in your ride.

I have a 94 impala ss, I just picked up. stock speakers are garbage. It has a alpine media deck.

I'm looking to upgrade the front door speakers to 6.5 component speakers, and replacing the rear 6x9's.

Any ideas? I'm going to run a JL 450/4 or 300/4 slash v2 amp. What are some decent speakers that have nice bass but aren't sloppy, with good vocals, so when I eventually put in subs I can actually hear the vocals.

My price range is $400 or so for a pair. I can go lower, or slightly higher. Not much though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

My Zed amp would blow the doors off of those JL amps and for much cheaper and a 6 year warranty built by the best and rated at 12 volts...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/468195-fs-5-bnib-zed-amps-2.html

As for components, look at CDT's. I love mine.. You can get some good deals online. I'd get 2 sets of 6.5" components and convert the 6x9 to 6.5" with an adapter (easy and cheap). People say spend money on front stage but having a full stage will keep a more balanced and "full" sound to it. Another point is people sitting in the back will enjoy it more. Granted they probably aren't into as much car audio as you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I was actually thinking of putting 10's or 12's in the rear deck lid,, and removing the 6x9's.But until then. Why skip the 6x9's ?

Thanks for responding so fast
Lots of ppl here, including myself, prefer fronts only for imaging reasons. Also, 6.5's are more available and thus gives the buyer many more options in speaker choice. Putting 10(s) IB via your rear deck with some nice 6.5's up front has the potential to sound beautiful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do this. My 6x9's have way more mid bass than my 6.5's. Some people just don't like 6x9's. If you have time alignment you can bring the rear stage upfront you just have to know what you are doing.

100_0726.jpg

Do this. My 6x9's have way more mid bass than my 6.5's. Some people just don't like 6x9's.
100_0726.jpg
I really like the sub in the rear deck idea, Infinite Baffle, Trunk Baffle, or whatever you want to do. And if the buyer still wants 6x9's, sure why not. Might wanta flush the pod-covering material down some more though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Do this. My 6x9's have way more mid bass than my 6.5's. Some people just don't like 6x9's. If you have time alignment you can bring the rear stage upfront you just have to know what you are doing.
100_0726.jpg
Only thing i dont like about that is that it looks a little sloppy. No offense. It would be nice to see the sub and speakers flush mounted with some nice grills on the speaks to retain a close to stock look. Looks good otherwise.

I really like the sub in the rear deck idea' date=' Infinite Baffle, Trunk Baffle, or whatever you want to do. And if the buyer still wants 6x9's, sure why not. [b']Might wanta flush the pod-covering material down some more though[/b] //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
you talking about the 6x9's?

Only thing i dont like about that is that it looks a little sloppy. No offense. It would be nice to see the sub and speakers flush mounted with some nice grills on the speaks to retain a close to stock look. Looks good otherwise.
Yeah the sub is flush mounted now I didn't like it that way either. And I change S*** so much I just didn't put the grills on. I want to put some 8" mibass's in the 6x9's place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.