Crescendo contralto series

i wouldn't really port those drivers. more of a HT woofer or a very small low tuned ported box.. like 5 for the 18 tuned to 24..

the 12 and 15 are abit better but that is a really strong motor on some soft suspensions.

the 15 only needs about 3 tuned to 28 the 12 about 1.5 tuned to 30

i wouldn't really port those drivers. more of a HT woofer or a very small low tuned ported box.. like 5 for the 18 tuned to 24..the 12 and 15 are abit better but that is a really strong motor on some soft suspensions.

the 15 only needs about 3 tuned to 28 the 12 about 1.5 tuned to 30
Hmm I was planning to put them in a 4th order but if you dont think they'd perform well I might go with some sp4s or zv4s

id use a 6th order BP before anything with those woofers.
Don't think I'd have the room for a 6th. This will be going in a 2012 malibu. I still need to measure and see what kind of airspace I've got. Pretty sure I could squeeze a 4th order in though depending on what I go with

Yup like massive said. Installed yesterday and am 100% happy I grabbed it. Plays low, loud and clean. Couldn't ask for much more. Here's a pic of the box I put it in. Wound up being almost 5 cubes and 28hz. About 1 cube bigger than recommended but is getting down for sure.

Yup like massive said. Installed yesterday and am 100% happy I grabbed it. Plays low, loud and clean. Couldn't ask for much more. Here's a pic of the box I put it in. Wound up being almost 5 cubes and 28hz. About 1 cube bigger than recommended but is getting down for sure.
15 or 18? hows the high end roll off

I can get 25-40hz with authority (all I listen to is decaf and djsnt or chopped and screwed stuff) but start to roll off 50-60hz range high end and 20-22hz low end. With all the snow we just got in mid Michigan here I haven't had much time to mess with it. Is going to need some break in time for sure. Was very stiff when I first got it but is starting to soften up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Zarate76

Zarate76
Lincoln, NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Papermaker85