deciding on speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

chilling1337

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sweden
I’ve been looking at Morel Virtus 603. I do love their sound but adding up that $800 + an amp etc is making me second guess.

Any recommendations to make a similar build as front stage, but cheaper

I do like sound quality over super loud

I’ve been looking at Morel Virtus 603. I do love their sound but adding up that $800 + an amp etc is making me second guess.

There's is a few companies out there that are just as good or even better out there for less. AVI Sound International in Canada, CDT Audio in so.cal. Karma Mobile Audio. Like
$400-600 can get you a nice set. Just pick something with a soft dome tweeter like the 603s.

G

Go to a shop and listen to various speakers. If you find any that you like, go to crutchfield.com or comparable site to order. They can usually beat the shop prices.

There's is a few companies out there that are just as good or even better out there for less. AVI Sound International in Canada, CDT Audio in so.cal. Karma Mobile Audio. Like
$400-600 can get you a nice set. Just pick something with a soft dome tweeter like the 603s.

The 603s have that Morel midrange dome and tweeter, which (IMHO) make them worth the extra money. That midrange can really make installs easier compared to a 2-3" cone style driver, plus it's known to sound good.

AVI is still making car audio? I have some really nice 5.25 components I bought back in 04, I think. I run cdt 6.5 pros now, but in my memory, those AVIs sound better. All my vehicles since have been 6.5 cut outs, but I make make a 6.5-5.25 ring fitting for them in my next build and see if it's all in my head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...