Dilemma sound stage

Participant count
  • Participant list

gimling

florida
So i installed the first stage of my sound system into 2010 ford F-150, i went with 2 sets of boston pro 6.5LF's 1 set in front with tweet in the sidemirror console area, mainly due to no mounting pieces best spot to fit them. went with mbquart onyx 1500watt amp, running it loaded at 825 watts no problem on MB Quart RLP-304 (RLP304) 12" Dual 4 ohm Reference Subwoofers. prefab box. does descent for sq nothing special in the ways of gettin down. my oscope took a crap so just did a by ear initial setting, It sounds crisp and clean, but the stage is sounding a bit low, this may sound strange but it sounds like the vocal is coming from my engine compartment in between windshield wipers and the engine just below the hood. i thought as far as mids and highs that would be plenty and i may be on the lower side just to be safe with my settings but i want LOUDER, and i want the stage higher. so this is what i have as far as equipment that i have on hand and would like some suggestions on which route to take,

1 set of bostont pro 6.5 LF with neo 5t, 1 set of boston pro 50SE, 1 set of kicker SS 65.2 components, and a spare audiobahn 1504DP digital amp. should i go with a center channel(would require pulling out ford sync module which isnt being used, or should i just add an ambient tweeter in my pillar. What im thinking is adding a second neo 5t with the one in the one in mirror console area and the pro 50 se set for ambient at top of A pillar facing window, with measuring tape with the distance to window + to me is = to the distance of tweets in the console. (pure luck). just seems that the massive size of the width of the f-150 cab isnt capable of just a 1 set of component setup.

Any thoughts will be taken into consideration, thanks.

Edit, the tweets only from the 50SE set that is for pillar

Yes I am using an a1504dp active crossover a350xt have mids on one set of channels tweers on other set. Rear doors setup same way thy are low in thr door and don't seem to be affecting the front stage. So I'm running at 2 ohm have. The ability to get down to 1 ohm or add second 1504 its a crewcab so have little room. I could remove the hybrid cap but kinda like that its showing my current draw.

So i installed the first stage of my sound system into 2010 ford F-150, i went with 2 sets of boston pro 6.5LF's 1 set in front with tweet in the sidemirror console area, mainly due to no mounting pieces best spot to fit them. went with mbquart onyx 1500watt amp, running it loaded at 825 watts no problem on MB Quart RLP-304 (RLP304) 12" Dual 4 ohm Reference Subwoofers. prefab box. does descent for sq nothing special in the ways of gettin down. my oscope took a crap so just did a by ear initial setting, It sounds crisp and clean, but the stage is sounding a bit low, this may sound strange but it sounds like the vocal is coming from my engine compartment in between windshield wipers and the engine just below the hood. i thought as far as mids and highs that would be plenty and i may be on the lower side just to be safe with my settings but i want LOUDER, and i want the stage higher. so this is what i have as far as equipment that i have on hand and would like some suggestions on which route to take,
1 set of bostont pro 6.5 LF with neo 5t, 1 set of boston pro 50SE, 1 set of kicker SS 65.2 components, and a spare audiobahn 1504DP digital amp. should i go with a center channel(would require pulling out ford sync module which isnt being used, or should i just add an ambient tweeter in my pillar. What im thinking is adding a second neo 5t with the one in the one in mirror console area and the pro 50 se set for ambient at top of A pillar facing window, with measuring tape with the distance to window + to me is = to the distance of tweets in the console. (pure luck). just seems that the massive size of the width of the f-150 cab isnt capable of just a 1 set of component setup.

Any thoughts will be taken into consideration, thanks.

Edit, the tweets only from the 50SE set that is for pillar
To get height you are probably going to need to put something up higher. A set of tweets may work. Just have to try and play around with it. Keep in mind that when you run multiple sets of drivers running at the same frequencies you aren't going to get a good stage because time arrivals are different.

To get height you are probably going to need to put something up higher. A set of tweets may work. Just have to try and play around with it. Keep in mind that when you run multiple sets of drivers running at the same frequencies you aren't going to get a good stage because time arrivals are different.
good point, i think im going to use a velcro strip on my a pillars and do some tests, with my tape measure i can put a tweeter just about eye level facing windshield. and be same distance from me as the other set of tweeters. will be doin some more testing over next couple weeks, have leather coming in to do my seats and headrest monitors just arrived so will be busy installing that stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.