dissapointed with this setup!! very angry..

no. they are all DVC.. he might have been running that ZX at 1ohm and getting a ballscock load more power than he thought.

That was a typo, ment to say 2ohm as my previous setup. The zx2500 wouldn't let me run it at 1ohm if I tried to. I tried doing it with my pair of Rs (4ohm), it would stay in protect until I rewired it to 4ohms.

or the fact that those 15" L7's aren't even seeing 1000 watts each... unless that 2500zx does 2500@2 ohms
most zx/kx2500s do 2.6-3kw @ 2 ohms and most are just fine at 1 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

mines been at 1-1.3 ohm for 8-9 months and it's never once shut down except from low voltage when the batteries were worn on. excellent protection on that amp. hate to say it, but i'd rather have the kicker in that particular setup, sounds like it was already flogging the hell out of your subs and that hifonics amp is very current hungry at 1 ohm if i remember right?

which alpine do you have? on mine (cda9887) i just push in the volume button and it brings up the subwoofer output and i can keep pushing it in for balance/fade etc. maybe try switching the sub from stereo to mono in your deck?

the zx2500 won't work without a beefed up electrical. Me having a single battery at the time (with my Rs) inspired my zx to stay in protect until i rewired my subs.

ROFL and you think a collossus will work without a beefed up electrical? i know you have batteries and 1/0, that means ****. you are going to be needing an alternator if you plan on bumping full tilt for more than 20-30 seconds at a time.

didnt see your post saying you hooked it up at 1 ohm and it wouldnt even work. the few that i've read about not doing 1 ohm would do this. i assume you had the gains down and werent slamming or anything and had your batteries at 12v+ when you hooked it up so it wouldnt have been a low voltage shutdown. running them at 1 ohm is extremely common and failures from this with proper installs is rare.

Is there a subwoofer level like the previous models (9885, 9856, 9855) for the alpine X100....

ROFL and you think a collossus will work without a beefed up electrical? i know you have batteries and 1/0, that means ****. you are going to be needing an alternator if you plan on bumping full tilt for more than 20-30 seconds at a time.
I wasn't intending on going full blast until i get a new alternator

actually FYI the collossus is an regulated amp. if it did true power it should have been louder than the kicker. ive owned some Kx 2500.1s and those are some bad ass amps. when i switched to an Soundstream XXX 6500 i noticed little diff in output from the kicker those are some bad ass amps. maybe he did switch amps FTL?

the colossus is stable at 2ohms when bridged, and 1 ohm on each channel.I currently have the 2ohm version. With that said, the subs (dual 2ohm) are independently wired to 1 ohm on each channel, which is what i have done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.