DMM won't come on

10+ year member

N/A
I'm trying to set my gains properly for the first time with a DMM. I burned a CD with several test tones on it. The first one I'm attempting is a 1KHZ tone for my ID Q700.2 amp. I set it on repeat, disconnected the speaker terminals and set the DMM to AC Volts. I first put the positive and negative leads in the amplifier speaker terminals, and nothing came on the DMM. I tried connecting the leads to the end of my speaker wires, and still nothing. I tried everything, from disconnecting the RCA cables to keeping the speaker cables in the amp while I put the DMM leads in the amp.

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I've watched several videos, along with reading all over the place and I have no idea how to fix my problem. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Instead of groaning me maybe you should ask what DMMs I have.

Both of my DMMs don't have interchangeable batteries.

no they do...there will be screws on the back or something undo them and add new batteries...never ever once ever seen a dmm that u couldnt change batteries out...**** even my 10 walmart one has interchangeable batteries

Would you like a picture? And yes I'm the "stupid **********" because I spell like a moronic 14 year old.

take a picture but im telling u undo the screws in the back of the dmm take it apart and there should be a place to put in new batts.....i highly doubt there is any dmm on the planet that doesnt have interchangeable batts man...there not disposable cameras....just do like i said and tear it apart

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.