Does this amp put out what it claims?

i recall an amp that was gettin more amps than it was rated at, due to me putting in bigger fuses after they kept breaking, only bad thing was that the internal board got so hot at the fuses that it tended to fill the car with an annoying smell. but it ended up breaking after around a month of running like that so not the best idea.

lol but like i said before, the amps were not bought online. They have already been installed (last night)... I am just wondering how I can figure the true wattage of these things.
the formula is (voltage x amperage = watts) right? assuming it is 100% efficient watts, otherwise multiply the answer (watts) times the efficiency (like 75%, 0.75) right? 14.4 X 150 = 2160watts at 100% eff., so at 75% eff.. 2160 x .75 = 1620 watts. Do I have this right?
AC voltage on the DMM showed 41.1 ish on the speaker outputs... compared to 72 ish on his old amps. looks like a major downgrade.
Looks like that guess of 1600-ish watts is probably about right. If you measured that 41.1 volts with a 1 ohm load on it, that would comes out to about 1689 watts.

Was the sound pretty clean at that voltage?

I just bought one of these amps just for grins cuz nobody has ever posted guts pics, and no one really knows how much power it puts out, so I wanted to see for myself, I haven't recieved it yet, but I plan to do some tests with my fluke 88 and current clamp. I'll post the results and some pics of the guts so everyone can get an idea what this amp can actually do. I'll probably be selling it when I'm finished testing if anyone wants it. I'm looking for 2000+ REAL rms watts, and I really don't think this amp is even gonna come close.

I just checked the link - I guess you got the gothic series. The one I bought was a power series PS1-5500D. they both have the same specs, so I'm not sure if there is any difference between the two. Anyway, I'll post my pic and test results in a new thread when I'm done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.