Does this audio shop guy know what hes talking about?!

synikalt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Daygo
ok heres the deal, i own a 2003 mustang v6 and i bought an autopage alarm 727 with remote start. I was planning to install the alarm myself, but i went to get quotes and whutnot to see what im up agianst, and nothing unexpected some would do it for 150-200, lowest i got was 90. then i went to this guy i kinda know but his sorta a scam0r. just gettin people for their money plus hes popular.

he tells me i should of got a Viper and not the autopage becuase its not even a popular brand. and his installers were eves dropping in and backing him up, and tells me a quote of 230$. im like "phuuuuck"

he goes on and tells me that he didnt even throw in the moduel i have to buy to bypass the sensors eletronic system it already has in the car..w/e that is. and he goes on to say that its life time warrenty, we'll do it right, the usual stuff. but seriosly...Isn't it a matter of finding the right wires and tapping into them? and geting to ur tachometer right for ur remote start...i didnt even know i need a moduel that cost 50 bux quoted the install guy. he Tells me ill need an Extra key too...and points to my key and says theres a chip inside of it.

Does any one else own a mustang that knows, or people have cars that came with stock alarms or some sort of anti theft sensors. or can anyone near San diego help with alarm install if its really that hard...

or is it easy enough to do it yourself?

ok heres the deal, i own a 2003 mustang v6 and i bought an autopage alarm 727 with remote start. I was planning to install the alarm myself, but i went to get quotes and whutnot to see what im up agianst, and nothing unexpected some would do it for 150-200, lowest i got was 90. then i went to this guy i kinda know but his sorta a scam0r. just gettin people for their money plus hes popular.he tells me i should of got a Viper and not the autopage becuase its not even a popular brand. . . . . .
There ya go right there, he just wants your money.

as you said yourself... hes a scammer trying to make an extra buck
Thats not what im asking though, i was already going to attempt to install the alarm myself. Do i really need an Extra key, and a moduel of somesort to bypass whatever stock eletrical sensor or something of that nature in my car? That makes sound like i will need help, cause i dont have the instructions for that. Maybe some one with experience can help me through the process?

well there is a chiop in tha key.. and it will not remote start unless you have the bypass....

depending on the bypass.. he will need 2 keys to program the bypass. unless he usess a universal bypass where you oput the key in a box and that's the bypass.... not a big fan of those...

as far as install in that. yes it is all about finding wires and tapping into them... but they way it's done and how so forth is a big deal!!!!

alarms only work as good as they are installed...

the only thing i see is a door trigger isolation..... i would charge you 80.00-110.00 to put that unit in a 2003 mustang... plus parts. anywhere from 35.00-55.00

but i would choose viper ( directed electronics) over autopage anyday!!!

So he was right about a couple of things...i have extra key, but not moduel. ur price is actually alot better to the things i was hearing compared to 230. But How much better is Viper than Autopage. i know its more of a popular brand, but i heard a couple of bad things about viper, like the remotes like to die like every 3 months. wheres ur shop located btw?

im going to look into this moduel and see if i can do it myself

You can get all your wiring info for the DIY at this site I believe http://www.bulldogsecurity.com They are pretty simple to install if you never done it before it'll probally take about 2 hours...If you've done a few about an hour tops.....
wow, 2 hours for a remote start/ alarm DIY for someone that has never done it b4

, i'd like to see that install after its done

Thats not what im asking though, i was already going to attempt to install the alarm myself. Do i really need an Extra key, and a moduel of somesort to bypass whatever stock eletrical sensor or something of that nature in my car? That makes sound like i will need help, cause i dont have the instructions for that. Maybe some one with experience can help me through the process?
You do need that module and extra key. It should only be like $50 bucks for the module. Most fords after 2000 need the bypass with the key.

wow, 2 hours for a remote start/ alarm DIY for someone that has never done it b4, i'd like to see that install after its done
youve never seen a bulldog security alarm... they are the biggest joke around. they have models that install simply by attatching alligator clips to the battery terminals.

you can buy them at wal-mart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif . and they work great, as long as you dont need it to work at all.

youve never seen a bulldog security alarm... they are the biggest joke around. they have models that install simply by attatching alligator clips to the battery terminals.
you can buy them at wal-mart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif . and they work great, as long as you dont need it to work at all.
You're right, I wouldn't buy any car electronics at wal-mart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif Bull dog is garbage.

autopage is pretty solid.

they just said viper because thats what they sell.

One thing I remember about mustangs is you have to diode isolate each door trigger and trunk from the factory GEM. to prevent false alarms when the GEM goes to "sleep"

One thing I remember about mustangs is you have to diode isolate each door trigger and trunk from the factory GEM. to prevent false alarms when the GEM goes to "sleep"
Translation: You will **** up your car if you try this. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

realistically, almost all cars's door pins need to be diode isolated, i dont really remember the last alarm i did which didn't require any diodes at all

and as far as the bulldog goes, thats just for their alarm system, i had one of those bad boys way back in the day, but a REMOTE start/ alarm combo does require wiring to the ign harness, hood/ trunk pin, etc etc, in which case, for someone who has never done it b4, it will be a very challenging task, especially if you dont know proper diode and relay theorys, the only way you should attempt it is if you have someone sitting beside you who knows what their doing, guiding and directing you

otherwise, take it somewhere to get it done

i hurd bull-dog got pulled fromthe shelves due to electrical problems causeing car fies!!!

auto page makes some nice stuff...

yea you will have to diod isolate the door pins and send a neg. trigger to the door ajar wire to wake up the system for unlock...

realistically, almost all cars's door pins need to be diode isolated, i dont really remember the last alarm i did which didn't require any diodes at all

and as far as the bulldog goes, thats just for their alarm system, i had one of those bad boys way back in the day, but a REMOTE start/ alarm combo does require wiring to the ign harness, hood/ trunk pin, etc etc, in which case, for someone who has never done it b4, it will be a very challenging task, especially if you dont know proper diode and relay theorys, the only way you should attempt it is if you have someone sitting beside you who knows what their doing, guiding and directing you

otherwise, take it somewhere to get it done
go to http://www.directechs.com for the vehicle wireing info... it will show you everything including the ford wake up, and the door pin isolation..

pm me for the password.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.