Headlight problem HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

civic2004
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
I have a 2000 honda civic exand when i 1st got the car 5 years ago i changed the stock bulbs to some high proformance blue bulbs. Now a couple days ago i noticed that one of them was reallydim so popped the hood and was taking out the bulb and the socket that you plug it into crumbled. Lookslike it was burned pretty bad.What happened? The part for this alone is going to cost me $100!!! because they only sell it in kits and not just by pieces. Kragan,pep boys, auto zone, etc. all tell me it a honda part only and they dont carry it. I dont know what would of caused this to happen.

Go to your Honda dealer, the parts department should have a replacement plug that you can splice in, and sould be fairly inexpensive (around $20 for a pair I think). I have put about a hundred of those in customer's cars, though most were older than yours. I can't say what causes it, but I'm betting it's the additional heat from the aftermarket bulbs. If you strike out at your local dealer, pm me and i'll se about gettin' you hooked up (I'm a Master Tech at a Honda dealer)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.