HELP!!! equilizer not putting out music HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

twanked~ls
10+ year member

THE REGAWL
kentucky
Ok i have finally finished wiring up my stereo. i go to turn it on and just a faint humming noise and when i pull the rca jacks out of the amp a few of the make noise but no music.

I have a set of rcas going from my subwoofer out put to the input on the equilizer. then i have the rcas running back to the amp along with the speaker wire. Im so confused and dont know where to start.

Alpine X303 headunit( the one that doesnt have a cd player and just a subwoofer out put.)

clarion equilizer

mb quart 480.4 amp

heres the headunit i have(only one output (sub)

http://images.productwiki.com/upload/images/alpine_ida_x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Both. i am about to go try to see if the subwoofers/subwoofer amp work.

It does put out a humming noise and im COMPLETLY LOST IN HOW TO SET UP MY AMP with the gains and HP and HF filters ahhhh

Ill try to take a picture

Well that HU has 3 sets of rcas,and using one 4ch amp? and you are, or have bridged ch 1/2, or 3/4? So you will need the short rca to go from the HU to the eq subwoofer to the eq ,out of the eq, you run the rcas from the sub outlet to the inlet on your bridged channell of the amp/whichever 3/&4, or 1&/2, and switch the selectors to bridged/mono,and or the HPF to LPF on those two bridged channels, and set your gains accordingly after all hooked up,along with the mid/highs.From the HU I would run a set short of rcas from theHU front tothe eq front then a set of rca to the amplifier to the inlet of the channells that you have the front /rear speakers hooked up to 1and 2,or 3 and 4, and be sure that the selector switch for this one is on HPF/STEREO.and set your gains accordingly.If you are running components, hopefully you are, then the cross-overs will be needed for the tweeters,.Just sounds like you ran the rcas wrong by the way you have explained, and didnt switch the selectors properly, and may also have plugged the wrong rcas to the wrong ch on the amp also.Take your time, and make sure you run the rcas to the right ch, and that way you will be able to switch the HPF to LPF for the subwoofer on whichever 2channels you bridged, and check the switch for the HPF on the two channells you have for the mids, and highs.This is the way i would install an eq with a 4ch bridged on 2 channels .It is recommended to hook everything up before turning on the amplifier.Aslso, make sure that the amplifier will be able to handle the Ohms load of the sub installing.Most common amps will handle 2ohms bridged, but usually 4ohms,unless specified,so be sure that you have your sub impedance, along with wiring it up for the proper ohms load for the bridged ch of the amplifier before powering it up.:banghead:After said and done, set your HU LPF, and LPF to your liking, as everyone hears differently.Hope this has, and will help.I think it will work just fine:),

i really need a diagram to show how to run the rcas from a 1 output headunit(sub out) and im running a rca wire from the HU to the equilizer which im running 3 sets of rcs (2 for my front and rear speakers) and (1 for my subwoofer) going to 2 seperate amplifiers. thats where im lost???( speaker wire is good and all placed correctly

heres a picture of the amp inputs

alpine_ida_x300.jpg

dsc480.jpg

you need to go into the menu on the head unit and set the "Subwoofer" to 'OFF"

That should then give you full output on your rca and from there the EQ will do the rest.

You shouldn't be using the subwoofer output to run the whole system. That headunit should have 3 sets of RCA outputs, use the top pair of RCAs and turn off the HPF, you need a full range signal going to the EQ.

x500iDAX303-b_mt.jpeg

It should go

HU Front Output (top pair RCAs) > Main Input on the EQ

EQ Front Output > Amplifier Front Input

EQ Rear Output > Amplifier Rear Input

EQ Sub Output > Sub Amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.