Help with alarm system

Hello all. New to this forum and need some help. My car has an DEI Rattler model 300 installed by the previous owner. My wife left the lights on and killed the battery:mad: . After charging up the battery and putting it back in the car the car would not start until I removed the fuse going to the alarm system. After I got the car running I played with the alarm system and got it where the car would start with the fuse in (I armed and disarmed the system with the remote). Now when I arm the system the lights blink but the alarm no longer chirps. Not sure if the alarm was working correctly I set the alarm and opened the door and got in the car to see if it would go off. I could here the control unit under the dash clicking but the alarm did not sound.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I think that I may need to reprogram the system but do not know how and do not have the instruction manual that came with the system. Can anyone here help me?

Thanks in advance.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It sounds like you have it in Valet mode. On most DEI alarms, you can enable/disable valet mode thru the following procedure:

Open the door

Insert the key

Turn the key to the "run" position

Turn the key off

Press and release the valet switch (black button)

If the LED light comes on and stays on, the alarm is in valet mode. If it goes off, it's out of valet mode.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.