tint bubbling...normal?

M@nJo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area
i just got my windows tinted yesterday evening and last night, their were light showers. i woke up this morning to figure out theirs now bubbles on my front 2 windows. i never rolled down the window, however, i did figure out the person who installed it left a small crack opening on the passenger side and thats the side that has the most bubbles. about less than 1/4" opening which isnt enough to make a difference.

i called up the shop and they said to let it dry in the sun for another 24 or so hours. since my tint hasnt seen sun until today, are they bsing and giving me the run-a-round?

good thing i got warranty, but im just now worried and cant get this off my mind. just need to hear this is a normal procedure of the tint drying up would relief me here:crap:

yea and if ur rear window has those "dots" along the edge you'll probably have to press your finger on that to get the air out, at least thats what i had to do.

The tint on the rearview window is almost impossible to stop bubbling because the de-frosting things whatever they are calle dare raised and air will be in there - but since you have the warranty you can just take it back - CHYEA!

the rear seems fine, thiers random small bubbles, but nothing to brag about since their just little micro specks. i got the defroster line on it too along with the screen for the radio antenna? its gonna be tough to remove the rear window tint and do it again...dont want to risk them fcuking up the screen.

i parked the car in the sun for 2 hrs and its slowly going away. got about a dozen bubbles left to dry up within 24hr or im taking back for warranty work

Bubbles usually happen but they go away fairly quickly but if the bubbles are there for more than a week then get the shop to re-tint your car again.

update:

so the bubbles are almost gone. BUT i see very small dots that come in groups of like 12-20. they are very small, but so many of these small dots just irritate me. you cant see it unless you look for it, but is this what i should expect from window tint? some very tint speck bubbles here and their?

i dont wanna go back to the shop and have them say "you want to redo it just for those very tiny little dots?!" and feel like a jerk lol

The tint on the rearview window is almost impossible to stop bubbling because the de-frosting things whatever they are calle dare raised and air will be in there - but since you have the warranty you can just take it back - CHYEA!

its called a dot matrix. and i either sand them down. or spraypaint, but there is some new magoops stuff for the dotmatrix.

got them redone on the driver side, but the lazy ass installer just left the passenger side window alone and just took the heatgun and moved the bubbles around.

i asked him about the freckles and he said thats normal for aftermarket window tint and most of it will disappear within 48 hours...is this true or not? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

a haze, or some bubbles yeah, are common, as its just some trapped water, you have to let it sit in the sun to dry. but i cant see your tint so i dont know what it is you are seeing. allmost sounds like some dust was caught in your tint.

the freckles are some tiny little air bubbles just roaming around in tiny groups.

1 week eh? the installer said not to roll down the windows for 2 days. but should i wait it out more? or are the bubbles more of an "sun/dry" issue ?

the little microscopic sized bubbles are just were there is dust or something tiny underneath the tint. as far as bubbling goes, that is not normal. discoloration is normal for up to a few weeks. it takes some sub to go away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

M@nJo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
M@nJo
bay area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date