Honda S2000 Subwoofer *Help/Advice/Input Needed*

Here's a link to Second Skin's Damplifier material. Damplifier - Acoustic Vibration Dampening Mat
If I were you, I'd consider the 80 sq ft pack for $194. That should be enough to take care of your needs...
Thanks. I'll prolly do that, I've heard a lot of good things about Second Skin, so i should give it a try. And I def dont want my car sounding like a rattling coke can going down the road.

And i agree, i'm not a fan of cadence. I do think they make some good amps, but other than that, i dont think they make great products. Anyways, i'm not a newbie so i know when to take advice about car audio and when to leave it. I just needed some input cuz i wanted some good advice about what to do with the roadster, cuz i'm in love with my car, just recently purchased it.

Nothing against your advice mclerico83, I really do appreciate it. I'm just not a big fan of cadence, but i'll def consider that amp. But thanks for the input on the sub.

np just was trying to keep your price down, everyone is entitles to there own opinions, i dont even run my own subs with a cadence amp, i have a vlx-400 us amps surfboard, into the old school stuff

Thanks. I'll prolly do that, I've heard a lot of good things about Second Skin, so i should give it a try. And I def dont want my car sounding like a rattling coke can going down the road.
And i agree, i'm not a fan of cadence. I do think they make some good amps, but other than that, i dont think they make great products. Anyways, i'm not a newbie so i know when to take advice about car audio and when to leave it. I just needed some input cuz i wanted some good advice about what to do with the roadster, cuz i'm in love with my car, just recently purchased it.
Sorry for mistaking you for a complete newbie. You've gotta understand how many clueless people come to ca.com on a daily basis looking for help. Anyways, I think you're going to have yourself a pretty clean little system once this is said & done...and I like your car too. I've never personally used the damplifier, but I have used luxury liner pro once with great results. As I said, I like Dynamat Xtreme.

Cadence is a company that I have no feelings for one way or the other. I know it's not junk, but there's something unappealing about it to me. Maybe it's the way it looks, which isn't super important where car audio is concerned, but it's still nice to have good looking equipment...

im not a fan of there new stuff, they have gone cheap the last few years, i like there old stuff like the wild beast subs even though they are ugly and the a5 and a7 are my 2 fav amps. but besides that there stuff is good for the price.

So, I found out that a guy I know is the manager of a car audio dealership here in town. His daughter takes tumbling lessons from me at a local gym, so he said that he would install everything in exchange for some free 1-on-1 tumbling lessons for his daughter, so I couldn't turn that down, less money that I have to spend. Anyways, He's getting me an RE Audio RE Series 12" dvc4 for $50, and said he would throw in some Dynamat Extreme in the doors and trunk for $50. The reason I'm going with the RE series is because its rated at 175 rms and I can run my components and the sub off of the 4-channel alpine amp that is already hooked up in the car. The polk db6501's will be getting 50 watts rms each and the sub will get 150 watts rms. I'm getting the SRQ Customs box, which is only $70 shipped. The system should be installed within the next 2 weeks. So once I get everything installed I'll throw in some pics.

I'm sticking with what I said last night. An SE (or Lvl 3) on rated power and bridging the 4 channel for the Polk's is the way to go.

I hope your decision pays off for you, though.

yea if you are worried about the watts go with a boston acoustic series 1 sub amazing sub

or jl w0, both much better subs then the re re series, i dont like rhe re series at all

Elemental Designs

this is an amazing sub and can be powered as low as 100 watts and sound amazing

if i was you just install the directed 300 rms amp and run a little beter woofer off 350 rms,

NEW BOSTON ACOUSTICS G312-44 12" 4 OHM SUBWOOFER SUB - eBay (item 230365467993 end time Feb-04-10 15:43:17 PST)

like this, you cant get much better sq or

Image Dynamics New IDQ12v2D4 12" IDQ Subwoofer 700 watt - eBay (item 120515618447 end time Feb-07-10 17:04:16 PST)

best sq for the pricerange, id is an amazing company, the best sq drivers i have ever heard

but i hope it works out for you, all you would have to do is get a distribution block and split the power wire and run the rca through a pass through if you want to make it easy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.