I've got the box. You pick the sub

Kfra315
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just bought this box

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225099&highlight=10%22

I now need some suggestions for what to put into it. I'm thinkin a FI Q would be perfect in here but I would like some other suggestions that are a little cheaper. I'm focused more on SPL than SQ but i would say SQL is the target. I dont have an amp either but I would say I wanna shoot for somewhere between 500-800watts rms and everything's going in an 02 Toyota Solara. Let the suggestions begin.

a little tight on the space.........but a 10 inch type r should do the trick for that box
That was actually the second sub of thought of. Are there any subs in their price range that would be able to keep up with them SPL wise for this enclosure?

Do u think it would outshine the Type R enough for the double the price increase?
I am a n00b in car audio and have only heard the Type R and I don't think it was an optimal setup even then. I can't tell you whether it would be better or worse, but I'm sure someone else can, I just don't want you to buy off of my inexperienced advice.

I am a n00b in car audio and have only heard the Type R and I don't think it was an optimal setup even then. I can't tell you whether it would be better or worse, but I'm sure someone else can, I just don't want you to buy off of my inexperienced advice.
Thats rare that somebody admits their a noobie and doesnt claim to have heard every sub in america. Really appreciate the honesty.

I know it sounds like i've already picked the Type R but I would really like other suggestions. I would prefer to not get the same sub that everyone and their mama has but if its gonna perform the best for the money why not. Still open for suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kfra315

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Kfra315
Kansas City, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date