Just got my new subs in the mail... are they fvcked up?

Got some great news...

the one sub that isn't AS bad with the sagging situation has...

DUN DUN DUN

A bad coil. It's rattling and buzzing like crazy at anything over 75watts or so.

I saw a pair of MTX's like that a long time ago they worked fine. someone just beat the piss out of them but if they don't handle the same get a refund.
I don't want a refund because then I've gotta pay the paypal fees again and shipping was like 50 bucks so that's just wasteful for both parties. I'd like to get these reconed and it seems the kid has agreed for a partial refund but we'll see how much he'll be offering and how much the recones will actually cost. I already spent more than I wanted to on these woofers just to find out they're busted.

Should make for a good wall socket video right?

I don't want a refund because then I've gotta pay the paypal fees again and shipping was like 50 bucks so that's just wasteful for both parties. I'd like to get these reconed and it seems the kid has agreed for a partial refund but we'll see how much he'll be offering and how much the recones will actually cost.
refund should = price to have them both reconed.

Saggy HX2 doesn't surprise me. My friends 12" Power HX2 did the same thing after sitting in his garage for about two years.
Having a soft suspension doesn't bother me. Means it'll have a low Fs and get decently loud of lower power. The problem is the actual resting position of the cone. If the spider was just loose as hell, that'd be one thing. But the fact that the coil sits so low that it reduces the drivers excursion by almost 1/2, then that's a problem...

Nice subs, ***** they aren't like they should be. Hope everything works out. I like your kickers btw. I had a set of those just 12's and they were pretty loud for not much power at all.

Having a soft suspension doesn't bother me. Means it'll have a low Fs and get decently loud of lower power. The problem is the actual resting position of the cone. If the spider was just loose as hell, that'd be one thing. But the fact that the coil sits so low that it reduces the drivers excursion by almost 1/2, then that's a problem...
My comment was directed at the sagginess of it, as in the fact that it's sagging, like old *******, you know they head towards the floor?

I've seen this before, and it means the former owner of those HX2s probably had them sitting unused for a while.

Just get them reconed and be done with it

ask teampsi how much a recone would be.. if you can recone them you can save on shipping

I did ask, and the only option is a flatwound coil because of the 4" VC and it ain't cheap. Lets just say both recones are going to cost more than what I paid for the woofers in whole, including the shipping. So there's no way I'm going to get that back from the kid. Maybe I can get him to pay for one of the recones for the one with the dead coil, because that's obviously his fault. Maybe a UPS claim will cover the other one because they dropped a huge ****ing paint can on it.

We'll see though.

You are not using logic.

Get a full refund from the seller. They are obviously broken. It's almost like you're happy you received broken equipment...

Anything other than a refund will cost more than the minimal paypal fees...

You are not using logic.
Get a full refund from the seller. They are obviously broken. It's almost like you're happy you received broken equipment...

Anything other than a refund will cost more than the minimal paypal fees...
Even if I get a refund, he's going to want them back. He's not going to lose all his money and not have the product he sold too... so I'd have to ship them back.

And at 50 bucks shipping, that'd just be a waste. And I know he wouldn't give me the full price, which included shipping, AND pay to ship them back again.

He's agreed to pay for a recone for the one woofer that had a bad coil which was his fault. I filed a UPS claim to see if they'll pay for the other since they dropped **** on them.

And I know he wouldn't give me the full price, which included shipping, AND pay to ship them back again.
Then you have a paypal claim on your hands. If not a call to his local law enforcement agency and report him for a fraudulent sale.

The guy refuses to do what is legally required, and you say oh well???

You are one timid/passive person.

The guy sold you broken equipment you are entitled to your money back for false advertisement. Trying to work out a deal or file through the shipping company is just you being worked. And he's working you really good from the looks of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DNick454

10+ year member
Honda + Subs = Rattles :(
DNick454
Valparaiso, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date