Limit of GM Switched ignition for relays?

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah usually between 50-100 ohms
someone told me something about the inductive load of the light being necessary but i have my doubts. when i put a resistor in line i still only had 1.3vdc on the brown wire and the resistor was too hot to touch and started smoking (which is why i think its an internal short)

ill try calling them and seeing whats up
Resistors should work just fine instead of a light. Or, you could maybe try an L-pad and see if changing resistance matters

Resistors should work just fine instead of a light. Or, you could maybe try an L-pad and see if changing resistance matters
yeah a variable pot? almost bought one at the local electronics store

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.