Looking for a decent sub amp around 1200-1500 watts @1 ohm

bigbirney420
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Omaha, NE
All these new brands that my old *** isn't familiar with now. Like to keep it around $300 but budget isn't a huge deal. Will be pushing DC Level 3 15 in ported box. Looking at Zapco 1350, Souncubed although I am not as familiar as I was when the were AQ. Other suggestions welcome.

rf 1200 (does like 1300rms) $242 or so.. orion xtr 1500 $226 i think, not the cleanest at 1ohm though (but did have guy say he did .1db higher with a xtr 2500 i think it was than a fsd 3800 so pretty strong i guess.. several options just alot well be over $300.. do u have the dc yet?

rf 1200 (does like 1300rms) $242 or so.. orion xtr 1500 $226 i think, not the cleanest at 1ohm though (but did have guy say he did .1db higher with a xtr 2500 i think it was than a fsd 3800 so pretty strong i guess.. several options just alot well be over $300.. do u have the dc yet?
Is the new Orion stuff any good? It was amazing when I first got into audio, but it went downhill for a while.

I don't have the DC yet, but was going to order this weekend. I am wanting to try something new, with a little more power handling that the Sundown SA, but I want it to sound good as well. I am open to suggestions on all of it. I also considered an 18. have Sundown SA sealed in both of my other vehicles.

$300 isn't firm though. I just have many money pits at the moment and the new truck is mainly the summer boat hauler and winter road trip vehicle.

like i said we've seen test and real world usage that says they make real power but tests on that 3k (i think it was) showed it wasn't clean power.. dc subs are good., just since u said u hadn't seen lots of new stuff look around at fu subs and american bass xfl..more peeps will give u other amp/sub options in few hours.. dd has amazing subs and peeps don't like the owner but the skar ddx subs are pretty bad a*s and they kinda cheap too.. crap forgot to mention twisted sounds amps look at those they awesome and subbs look amazng idk how they sound but wow, and look at cab ultra awesome sub we got guy here installing cab 1600 amp $199 in a gto (crap forgot to mention that to does something crazy like 2500 at 1/2 ohm but not recomended it's huge weighs 30 pounds i ordered 1 for a guy) car audio bargain.com

Be forewarned that drivers today aren't nearly as efficient as they where 10 years ago.A ton have of Subwoofers on on the market same for Amps but I want to give you some advice tat will really help you get the sound you want.

One start with the box design don't pick a woofer than build a box around it and they to match FR to cabin gain.Figure out what type of space and whats ideal first before you pick a woofr then figure-out what type of bandwidth output level and frequency response you want as well as power you have before you choose a sub.

I've bought subs and then designed a box for them and it didn't complement the cabin a few times. i don't do that anymore. needless to say my system now is one of the best I've ever had if not the best..

FYI thats not my system in the profile. I'm mocking a member here who is generally a ****** person to people here who don't understand/ he goes around lying on me and more often than not misinforms people. i will say he does know abit about tuning a stereo but he lacks fundamental electrical and loudspeaker knowledge so he often falls short in recommendations and advice.

FYI thats not my system in the profile. I'm mocking a member here who is generally a ****** person to people here who don't understand/ he goes around lying on me and more often than not misinforms people. i will say he does know abit about tuning a stereo but he lacks fundamental electrical and loudspeaker knowledge so he often falls short in recommendations and advice.
yet he's the only one that actually has SQ titles under his belt while you havent even competed yet. Go to a tough competition, win and then you can say you are the pro you claim you are.

yet he's the only one that actually has SQ titles under his belt while you havent even competed yet. Go to a tough competition, win and then you can say you are the pro you claim you are.
I've been doing this long enough to know. I don't need to prove anything. i had trophies at 14. I've proved beyond a doubt I've done everything i said. when i get a chance I'll be glad to compete. time and time again in life you have to deal with people that are like losisatool. although i respect you. i think you would be better off not getting on my case because in the end your going to look silly as well.

If not a matter of if i can its a matter of when.

I've been doing this long enough to know. I don't need to prove anything. i had trophies at 14. I've proved beyond a doubt I've done everything i said. when i get a chance I'll be glad to compete. time and time again in life you have to deal with people that are like losisatool. although i respect you. i think you would be better off not getting on my case because in the end your going to look silly as well.
If not a matter of if i can its a matter of when.

Just letting you know whats the proper way to get people to recognize you. Literally if you won first place in LA MECA state finals, no one or anyone would ever question you again and you wont have to deal with the constant **** being thrown at you. A lot of people gave losisatool sh*t when his usernames was DDTC and noloud4u until he actually started winning 1st place in meca comps. Without championships to prove anything, people view you like a crazy man aka like john kuthe... However with a title validates every bit of craziness that comes out of you.

Just letting you know whats the proper way to get people to recognize you. Literally if you won first place in LA MECA state finals, no one or anyone would ever question you again and you wont have to deal with the constant **** being thrown at you. A lot of people gave losisatool sh*t when his usernames was DDTC and noloud4u until he actually started winning 1st place in meca comps. Without championships to prove anything, people view you like a crazy man aka like john kuthe... However with a title validates every bit of craziness that comes out of you.
i agree and i assure you i will be competing. right now i'm paying out the *** to catch up from getting incarcerated for some **** i didn't do. My dad recently had a stroke so I've been trying to be more helpful as well to him.

You don't think i don't want to have people listen to the drivers and prove the drivers are capable? It would be retarded not to. Thing is every show is 150 plus miles I've seen so far. once things settle down iI'll be at lots of shows..

Im not worried because after a year or so competing I'll be scoring with the best cars. I'm just not going to drop 5 grand into a system like i used to. so far i have 1400 or so in it and that's about as much as i want to spend. Eventually when i get my debt paid and credit history clean ill do some production runs. then if they **** ill take all the criticism the world can throw at me but to Lie about my drivers or abilities without knowing is childish and foolish.

like i said a-little at a time its coming together and its already one of the best systems I've heard and had despite the ****** EQ i have.

**** they have a show tomorrow. I'm going to try to make it.. ****. i knew they had a show somewhere on the 2nd but i couldn't find it now i come across it a day before the ******* show.lol

i agree and i assure you i will be competing. right now i'm paying out the *** to catch up from getting incarcerated for some **** i didn't do. My dad recently had a stroke so I've been trying to be more helpful as well to him.
You don't think i don't want to have people listen to the drivers and prove the drivers are capable? It would be retarded not to. Thing is every show is 150 plus miles I've seen so far. once things settle down iI'll be at lots of shows..

Im not worried because after a year or so competing I'll be scoring with the best cars. I'm just not going to drop 5 grand into a system like i used to. so far i have 1400 or so in it and that's about as much as i want to spend. Eventually when i get my debt paid and credit history clean ill do some production runs. then if they **** ill take all the criticism the world can throw at me but to Lie about my drivers or abilities without knowing is childish and foolish.

like i said a-little at a time its coming together and its already one of the best systems I've heard and had despite the ****** EQ i have.
Everything you think/say is exactly what I once thought.

Amps matter, what you think EQs are for, everything.

I didn't start winning until I tucked my ego and opened my ears.

You will learn the hard way just like I did.

The first time I thought my car sounded great, it didn't at all and I lost.

At that point I figured out I didn't understand this. I faced that fact, then I spent monthsre-learning everything I thought I knew. You won't get it until you have the same experience I had. It's humbling.

But I feel you will just argue and say the judges are wrong.

The sad thing. The first time I competed in SQ I was the only car in my class so I did win. But going off others score sheets and hearing better scoring cars I knew I really lost. Trophy or not I lost.

It was so bad I was embarrassed to demo my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.