Looking to Get a New Car. Ideas?

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok, so i had a plan to get a suv and do a semi big build(well big for me), doings 4-12s or 2-18s but i have since changed my mind and dont want to go that route.

Im really just wanting to stick with a car and keep it simple and try and get it loud as i can. Im going to stick with my 1-15 on 3kw. Probably the AB HD-15 and Soundstream Ta3k. Seal the trunk and fire forward. I have enough wire i think to do 4-runs of 1/0 front to back(2 pos/2neg), i will get some better batts etc.

But anyway, i have a few vehicle choices that in mind but just looking at other opinions. I DO NOT WANT 2 door(I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD). Hatchbacks are cool but they are 2 door so i dont need that option. Im looking for size of vehicle, trunk space, rear folding seats and some reliability(IF YOU HAVE NEVER OWNED THE CAR THAT YOU SAY IS NOT RELIABLE THEN DONT SAY ITS NOT).

Cars under my radar:

1. Dodge Intrepid(1998- 2004) - My top choice right now, due to its size of cabin and trunk is pretty big, i like he way they look for the most part. Also these come with decent sized stock alternators(130amps with the 3.2 and 3.5l) depending on the engine.(i do know to stay away from the 2.7L v6, not a good motor). Im not sure where the alt is located though

2.Dodge Stratus(2002 - 2006) - Decent size car, Good size cabin and trunk, i do like the way these look. The alt i think is pretty standard, around 90amps id say. Also depending on he year etc, the alt can be reached pretty easy.

3.Toyota Camry (1991–1996) - I like these due to their reliability. They have decent trunk space and cabin space. This model is a TANK as far as reliability goes and the alt is easy to access(i believe) on these.

4. Ford Taurus (2000–2007) - I like these, seem like safe reliable family style cars. These cars are good sized, im not sure on the trunk space because i have never seen the trunk. Alternator is located in a seemingly easy place.

5. Honda Accord (1997-2002) - I have the 2 door currently and its been a TANK. Have not had to do any real maintenece the car. Just a all around good car. The cabin is kind of on the small side, trunk is decent for size of car. The alt is in a convient location as well.

These are just a few of the top cars i have been looking at. But what are you guys thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,

Why not like a 04+ Grand Prix? There cheap and the 3800 motors run forever
2005 grand prix
i have actually looked at those. but from everyone i know thats had/has one. they say the seats didnt fold down but unbolt. its kind of a inconvience with me having a 2 year old. i always have a car seat in my car and were my seat folds its half up half down so i can still get better output. of course i dont play it with the baby in their, just throwing that out there lol. But i do like those cars.

My friend/teammate currently has one(02 or 03), and he did a single 18 in the trunk on a clamped 1900-2000 and is doing a 151 in the kick and a 150.x on the dash(both scorers with driver door open but still nice scores)

Your daughter doesn't love the bass? I had my little girl a few .months after you and my daughter won't ride in mommy's car. She has to have her bass. I was testing my PhDs and had the sub off. My daughter jumped in the passenger seat buckled up and told me.... "Daddy fix it! DADDY FIX IT!!!!"

I have had every car, except the honda, that you mentioned. The stratus was the easiest for me to get loud. I have never did this for numbers, just the sheer enjoyment, but I had the exact same system in the intrepid and the stratus; mb quart rwe 354 on a ma audio hk898. Did decent in the intrepid, made the steering column move in the stratus, also made the rear view mirror literally jump into the back seat.

i have actually looked at those. but from everyone i know thats had/has one. they say the seats didnt fold down but unbolt. its kind of a inconvience with me having a 2 year old. i always have a car seat in my car and were my seat folds its half up half down so i can still get better output. of course i dont play it with the baby in their, just throwing that out there lol. But i do like those cars.

My friend/teammate currently has one(02 or 03), and he did a single 18 in the trunk on a clamped 1900-2000 and is doing a 151 in the kick and a 150.x on the dash(both scorers with driver door open but still nice scores)

That back seats fold down. My wife has a 04 Grand Prix... I can fold the back seats down and get right into the trunk

I really do like Impalas honestly... But the stories with people and the security issues with Head units causing issues. I don't understand that but it kinda turned me from them

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

That back seats fold down. My wife has a 04 Grand Prix... I can fold the back seats down and get right into the trunk
Hm... My friends doesntm he just unbolted them

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I have had every car, except the honda, that you mentioned. The stratus was the easiest for me to get loud. I have never did this for numbers, just the sheer enjoyment, but I had the exact same system in the intrepid and the stratus; mb quart rwe 354 on a ma audio hk898. Did decent in the intrepid, made the steering column move in the stratus, also made the rear view mirror literally jump into the back seat.
I like stratus's also... My wife had one for alittle bit. I like the car myself but she didn't for some reason

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Your daughter doesn't love the bass? I had my little girl a few .months after you and my daughter won't ride in mommy's car. She has to have her bass. I was testing my PhDs and had the sub off. My daughter jumped in the passenger seat buckled up and told me.... "Daddy fix it! DADDY FIX IT!!!!"
Lol its not that she don't like it. I don't play it to loud with her in there

I really do like Impalas honestly... But the stories with people and the security issues with Head units causing issues. I don't understand that but it kinda turned me from them
Oh lol, simple: wrong wiring harness.

Taurus, can't say I'd buy that car. Camry or Honda would be good as they can run forever with good maintenance. My friend has a stratus and it's nice just watch the V6 when it comes to parts breaking its a pain to work on them. Have you priced the avalons? That's another 4 door car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.