maserati ghibli sub integration

ajm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N/A
Ive done a bit of research and couldnt find much other than the possible need for a sound processor which I have never messed with before.

To keep it simple the car is a 15' maserati ghibili sq4 with the upgraded bowers & wilkins factory system which is garbage, absolutely 0 bass even at full tilt. I have a new 8w7 and rd1000/1 that I pretty much bought for no reason and have been laying around that I would like to integrate into the factory system. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to go about doing so? To my understanding the "infotainment" system its self is actually identical to some that are used in other FCA vehicles such as various dodges and jeeps.

LOL. I doubt you'll find many guys with experience installing in a Maserati here.

I suspect just a simple LOC would do to tap a signal for your sub, or you may look into a more premium solution like RF 3sixty JL CleanSweep, Audison Bit 1, JBL MS8 or similar.

buddy has a veloster with stock 5.1 i put a 4th order on 200w in. i simply did away with the factory sub and ran a line output converter with turn on sensing off of the stock amplifier's sub output to maintain the system's processing controls.

b&w has always made a great product for high fidelity playback,.. in home and theater, that is. dunno how well the audio package sounds in car, but im hazarding to say that panel treatment may be in order to get the stock sub and midbass up to par.

Thanks, I will look into the JL fix and similar products that were mentioned above. Im in no rush to do this just something I figured id start looking into.

Ive done a bit of research and couldnt find much other than the possible need for a sound processor which I have never messed with before.
To keep it simple the car is a 15' maserati ghibili sq4 with the upgraded bowers & wilkins factory system which is garbage, absolutely 0 bass even at full tilt. I have a new 8w7 and rd1000/1 that I pretty much bought for no reason and have been laying around that I would like to integrate into the factory system. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to go about doing so? To my understanding the "infotainment" system its self is actually identical to some that are used in other FCA vehicles such as various dodges and jeeps.
EASY tap into hte factory subwoofer wires and use a LOC.

SGN121 - Stinger 110W Fixed Line Out Converter

On the maserati the upgrade speaker package is decent, but the factory amp is the issue.
A simple tap will not help you as something like the jl sweep will be needed.

Also the audio is all fiber so you will be spending some good money to upgrade. Consider replacing the system in whole to have less issues.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

On the maserati the upgrade speaker package is decent, but the factory amp is the issue.
A simple tap will not help you as something like the jl sweep will be needed.

Also the audio is all fiber so you will be spending some good money to upgrade. Consider replacing the system in whole to have less issues.

You saying fiber as in like TOS Link interconnects?

You saying fiber as in like TOS Link interconnects?
TOS links modified for automotive use, they have a maestro firmware for this car, but it will lose most dash functions to the bare base model features.
The maserati shares the same system that a 2015 dodge ram 3500 w/ Cummins has.

Also for everyone saying this car is "big money" lmao.. Its not a normal car people drive, but cost less then a 2015 Chevy Tahoe brand new.

40-48k car new.

TOS links modified for automotive use, they have a maestro firmware for this car, but it will lose most dash functions to the bare base model features.
The maserati shares the same system that a 2015 dodge ram 3500 w/ Cummins has.

Also for everyone saying this car is "big money" lmao.. Its not a normal car people drive, but cost less then a 2015 Chevy Tahoe brand new.

40-48k car new.

I doubt any “modifying” for automotive applications would need to be done. It might have a proprietary connector but it’s all just fiber transmitting 1s and 0s through light pulses. I doubt they would reinvent the wheel I’m betting it uses the same standard as it’s home Audio brother. It’s not like you have to take into account the electrically “noisey” environment of a car seeing as its light and all.

Umm looks like the used price for a Ghibli is right around you quoted cost, not to mention option on exotics add up quick fast and in a hurry.

I doubt any “modifying” for automotive applications would need to be done. It might have a proprietary connector but it’s all just fiber transmitting 1s and 0s through light pulses. I doubt they would reinvent the wheel I’m betting it uses the same standard as it’s home Audio brother. It’s not like you have to take into account the electrically “noisey” environment of a car seeing as its light and all.Umm looks like the used price for a Ghibli is right around you quoted cost, not to mention option on exotics add up quick fast and in a hurry.
Only the connector is modified for the weather, don't get ahead of yourself and make this another argument like many others do.. Its f4cking annoying.

Msrp was originally near 60k new back in 2015, I owned a 2013 maserati quattreporte before, not much to it but a fancy name and performance built engine.

Have you ever purchased an exotic before or are you stating a guess on what you think?

Maserati addons range from 150$-4000$, the most expensive is the upgraded 3 piece aluminum sport wheels that come out to 4000$ due to the tire ratings that come with it.

I wasn’t trying to argue I was just interested because I do a lot of IT stuff and have spliced and terminated many fiber network cables. No I haven’t bought an exotic I prefer collectible American cars, Some being an 84 Buick Grand National, 7up fox body Mustang, and my Performance White/Charcoal 99 Cobra only 500ish made in that color combo. But I’ve worked around plenty of exotics, my dad was a body man at a specialty car dealership and have had hands on million dollar unicorns.

I wasn’t trying to argue I was just interested because I do a lot of IT stuff and have spliced and terminated many fiber network cables. No I haven’t bought an exotic I prefer collectible American cars, Some being an 84 Buick Grand National, 7up fox body Mustang, and my Performance White/Charcoal 99 Cobra only 500ish made in that color combo. But I’ve worked around plenty of exotics, my dad was a body man at a specialty car dealership and have had hands on million dollar unicorns.
Mybad, every post here is a new argument lol.

From one IT guy to another this wouldn't be considered basic sh1t since car makers haven't even got to proprietary computer software yet.

I feel ya, its been a while since I owned an exotic and have swapped to rebuilds like the one I'm doing now as a daily.

97 Tahoe 5.7l plan to do a twin turbo soon on it.

Previous to my machining work I worked at a shop here in Houston called Lucas auto which we serviced anything from Bugatti's to lambos to even euro shipped rolls Royce town cars.

Only cars I really hated working on was the lotus Elise because of it compact engine.

I wanted a grand national, but couldn't deal with that boxxy body.

I’m fixing to pimp out a 06 Nissan Titan quad cab short bed, thing already has a crazy torquey DOHC 32v 5.7l 385ft/lbs stock. I’m going to start with dropping it exhaust basic bolt ons and eventually throw it some boost haven’t decided if I want to go supercharger or twin turbos but it will be a beast either way. Oh and going to do up the audio of course.

Bite your tongue the GN was the pinnacle of the G-Body and **** as hell, and you always had the Typhoon and Syclone the baddest Sonoma and Jimmy ever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.