My system is weighing down the back of my car. What can I do?

You can always cut the springs until they reach the height you desire.I hope mine balance out. Otherwise I may have to cut them. They make the car look like a drag car. I hate how it looks.
By cutting you mean physically removing some of the metal spring right? Not trying to sound ignorant, just want to be curtain as this issue is new to me.

By cutting you mean physically removing some of the metal spring right? Not trying to sound ignorant, just want to be curtain as this issue is new to me.
Yes. It's essentially what "lowering" springs are for cars. They are just springs made of a stronger material (because by making it smaller your putting more stress on the spring as there is less to give) that are cut to a lower ride height.

I wouldn't cut a spring unless you know the spring is stronger than your factory. You don't want to risk breaking the spring. Lower springs can also break from going over bumps or pot holes hard as the spring has less to give.

Also. You can raise springs by inserting "spring spacers". I rented my spring compressor tool to a kid recently who did a 4" drop on his g@y civic. He ended up having to use spring spacers because when he turned his wheel it hit his fender.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. (sources. I have lower springs on 1 of my cars at all 4 corners, and my younger brother has lowering springs)

What's the best sub repair adhesive to use. Removing my subs I just put a hole straight through the lip of my sub. First and hopefully the last time.

Don't think I have to do an entire recone because of that.

[quote name='jkok7']What's the best sub repair adhesive to use. Removing my subs I just put a hole straight through the lip of my sub. First and hopefully the last time.
Don't think I have to do an entire recone because of that.[/QUOTE]

A small hole shouldn't really affect the speakers output or sound.
@SPLaudio ;

the airbag idea is good, there's also adjustable air shocks. I had some in my grand marquis when I had an outrageously huge box in there, and those could lift the back up about 3 inches with a little air from a compressor. also idk if anyone mentioned it yet or it it's plausible for you, but maybe switch your box to maple or something if it's mdf.

[quote name='jockhater2']A small hole shouldn't really affect the speakers output or sound.
@SPLaudio ;[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? I thought it at least would effect the SQ? I'm pushin a little over 3K to my subs, so I don't want it to get worse and I end up having to do a recone. I've done recones before but that's the expensive route.

You could also do adjustable coil overs. But there pretty expensive.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

You sure about that? I thought it at least would effect the SQ? I'm pushin a little over 3K to my subs, so I don't want it to get worse and I end up having to do a recone. I've done recones before but that's the expensive route.
All the subwoofer is doing is moving the air in the box. a small hole in the cone shouldn't matter. Just put some caulk over it.

if the small hole dosent start to rip. different box designs with lot of power have alot of pressure behind the sub.

use e6000 or household goop to fix...

if the small hole dosent start to rip. different box designs with lot of power have alot of pressure behind the sub. use e6000 or household goop to fix...
Where do you get e6000 from, Lowes?

if you cant find e6000 use household goop easier to find..
If you're familiar with DC Sound recones. I still have the glues left over from my recone. One with the yellow label the other with the red. Can't remember which one I used for the cap and what I used for the cone seal. But I would imagine that I could use that as well.

Got it, used it. Looks like it's gonna work great!

You recommend using this as an adhesive during box building?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.