Need a bit of guidance

Participant count
  • Participant list

akatreyt
10+ year member

I'm going to be redoing my system and I need some direction on what to buy / best way to spend my money. Right now I have a MRP-M500 on a SWR-843D (don't laugh), I'm wanting to go to a 12' for more bass. There are two options, use the MRP-M500 on my highs and buy a new amp or use the MRP-M500 on the 12. If I use the MRP-500 on the highs I was looking at buying a Kicker 11DX10001 ( thoughts on this?), or does anyone have any suggestions on a good mono amp? Also as far as the new sub goes, I need recommendations. I don't want to go cheap but I don't need a w7, so some nice quality somewhere in between.

Thanks for any suggestions

ok first off the mrp is a sub amp only ,you got a budget ,i can help
ahh didnt think about this, you're right it's a mono amp. I'm looking on spending 400-500 total ... Like I said I want something decent but I don't need to go overboard with it.

ok cool i can do a nice xfl 12 sub new with a american bass vfl 4150 120 watts rms x 4 amp for 460 shipped plus paypal fees ,both new with warranty shipped to your door

ok cool i can do a nice xfl 12 sub new with a american bass vfl 4150 120 watts rms x 4 amp for 460 shipped plus paypal fees ,both new with warranty shipped to your door
Well I'm not looking to buy from forum, just looking to get an idea on what to buy, what to look at.

Well I'm not looking to buy from forum, just looking to get an idea on what to buy, what to look at.
ok thats fine ,but if you go to the local shop ,you wont get as good as quality for your money .my equipment is top notch competition grade always new with warranty also .i also have plenty of refs here and on other forums too ,i'm a dealer for quite a few companies and a rep for a couple as well.

ok thats fine ,but if you go to the local shop ,you wont get as good as quality for your money .my equipment is top notch competition grade always new with warranty also .i also have plenty of refs here and on other forums too ,i'm a dealer for quite a few companies and a rep for a couple as well.
I appreciate it, but really looking for suggestions at this point.

The kicker amp is solid but I'm sure much better can be had for cheaper. Check out AQ1200
This looks very promising, recommend a good sub to go along with it. Not sure if I need that much bass but never hurts to have I guess ....

Couldn't find the AQ1200 anywhere online, know of any spots to get it?

Also it looks like bass can get had for less than I orignally thought, what would a budget of 350 - 400 get me?

to make the post below make sense, I asked about the mb quart amps, but later deleted it ... not sure why //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

some guys like the new mb quartz amps, i personally dont like any of the new maxxsonics amps ,just not very good. lok at the ab xfl sub ,nice sub for $200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.