Need advice on upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list
My kappa 120.9s are sq subs. Should I have my crossover set higher than 80? That's where I have it set.
u don't want words coming from trunk sound like 2 guy yelling in back lol... u can set lp at 120hz to get some higher bass freqs if u play rock music and especially in sealed box, thats where mine is..

So these subs are very musical, I looked at some sq subs on youtube and it sounds like you get all the frequencies from that sub. I am so confused now. So that Dayton plays a wide range of frequencies including vocals? And why is that desired if it's buried in a trunk? Please help me understand this part so I can decide on a new sub lol this part just really threw me through a loop!
Any sub will play musicals if ran in Stereo mode,and at a higher HTz range when set within that range.Will it perform and sound theyre best? Depends on how you want to use it and at what frequency/or htz range and what that speaker/subs limitations are,and how you want to incorporate it within your system.I mean Tweeters are not going to play bass Right?They are made to play in a certain hertz range same as mids and mid bass.Read up on speakers and hertz ranges and the like.Im only throwing some bare basics at you, and there is too much information that Id be spending days on to explain asothers would be as well.But if you want Clean and good sound with some decent bass and into SQ,and build the right enclosure and have some decent power to provide the Dayton sub,and for the price and warranty,its really hard to beat out for the money range

My kappa 120.9s are sq subs. Should I have my crossover set higher than 80? That's where I have it set.
The HTZ range from 23 HTZ? on up from what I just looked at. Not a bad looking woofer to be honest.If you want a little more lows involved you need to drop the HTZ settings and adjust your gains/ and retune your system to get the most out of it clean enough and within the enclosure and environment its in to satisfy your likings? You may find that another enclosure will satisfy your liking and work well for you without having to purchase another set of woofers.An Enclosure/ proper enclosure is what makes a subwoofer perform at its best,as well as built properly for its environment and its intent and properly supplied

This is looking like my best option. I live in Metro Detroit and I went to Mickeyshorr and Cartubes and they didn't even know what an rta and pink noise is. One offered to play with my eq. I want someone reliable to adjust my crossovers filters equalizer, the whole 9 yards. Surely there is someone with the proper equipment that does this. Where would you go for this? I also checked craigslist. Also, where who can I trust to build the proper box to spec? I know they do that at Mickeyshorr but can I trust those guys?

The first thing Id do..Is to write down and or print off specs of every speaker,radio information,Sub woofers,amps and EQ if you have one and go through and do a little home work on what you are trying to achieve with what you have now and how you are willing to utilize what you have now to its full potential and in what vehicle.As well as how far are you willing to go and to what extent and measures you are willing to commit to to get there.I always have and still do go through that process to get what Im thriving towards.

You can build an enclosure yourself.There are several specs out there and box designs that can be had for free and printed off to build,or do some research and you should be able to find what you are in search of.Ive never used those subs, so I not going to tell you how to build your enclosure, and what they perform theyre best in..I myself would build an enclosure that I myself would use and know that may work at the least,and that may or may not satisfy me on the first or even third attempt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.