Need some advice - broken terminal.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
Hey guys. Got my new install done tonight - the sub is inverted. As we were squeezing it into my trunk, the terminal barely didn't clear - and broke off. I'll post up some pics tomorrow to make it a little more clear as to what we're working with, but the tinsel lead is basically now free.

For the time being, I simply connected the wire to the tinsel lead - seemed to do the job just fine. However, this is a temporary setup - I'd like to fix it without having to pay somebody to do it. Again, I'll put up some pictures tomorrow, but is it possible to replace one of the terminals that the tinsel leads go into? Where would I buy one?

Hey guys. Got my new install done tonight - the sub is inverted. As we were squeezing it into my trunk, the terminal barely didn't clear - and broke off. I'll post up some pics tomorrow to make it a little more clear as to what we're working with, but the tinsel lead is basically now free.
For the time being, I simply connected the wire to the tinsel lead - seemed to do the job just fine. However, this is a temporary setup - I'd like to fix it without having to pay somebody to do it. Again, I'll put up some pictures tomorrow, but is it possible to replace one of the terminals that the tinsel leads go into? Where would I buy one?
:eek:hsnap:Ya pics please.I repaired a speaker with gorilla glue,was just the little solder joint for the +[- post connections easy fix on my end..It isnt coming loose this time..its a done deal man!

yes you can put in new push terms very easy..
Thank god for all of these posts, I'm especially happy to see you here. I'd like to get a new terminal on, how could I do this? Again, pictures are coming after 3:15.

just turn the terminal to direct leads , problem solved
How would I go about that? I've currently got the wire/lead twisted together held with black electrical tape, and I'm not really happy with how it is. Would I solder them, or is the way I have it okay?

see you have a sa, unsolder the the leadwire from the tab. use a 7mm wrench on the nut and take the terminal off. then put a new terminal in there and solder the tab back to the leadwire,done..

see you have a sa, unsolder the the leadwire from the tab. use a 7mm wrench on the nut and take the terminal off. then put a new terminal in there and solder the tab back to the leadwire,done..
true that

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

How would I go about that? I've currently got the wire/lead twisted together held with black electrical tape, and I'm not really happy with how it is. Would I solder them, or is the way I have it okay?
spl explained the process

BOOM :fro:like a pimp!

Where can I get a new spring terminal? I looked online and didn't have very good luck finding any that looked like mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.