New Headunit opinion

I have about $300 dollars to spend and I want to get a headunit that can play a Zune. I have been looking at the Alpine CDA 9884 and the Pioneer 6000UB. The main thing I am looking for is being able to play my Zune and keep its quality. Is there any way to play the Zune through the USB that anybody has found. And if i cant play it through the USB should i even bother buying the alpine full speed aux cable. Can u even tell the difference between the cable and a standard 3.5mm jack.

The headunit does not have to be one of the two, i am just trying to give u guys some examples of what i am looking for. I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX coupe. Feel free to give me you opinion or any secrets to how you got a Zune to work with the USB.

I like the looks of the new Eclispe 3200, but not sure about the direct iPod hook up.

Check into some Kenwoods as well. Have some nice Head units.

Just picked up one of the lower model ones, but looks nice. Installing it this weekend.

300 dollars can and will get you whatever you are looking for as for as your zune is considered.

The Zune is somethign else.... There really isn't any support for it. Except for the Microsoft SYNC(which will onlt be installed in certain cars). You cant connect your Zune to any head unit through the USB. You can charge the Zune on some of the USB ports, but you cant listen to music though the USB port. You best chance would be for you to connect through the AUX in the front with the 3.5mm jack. Which a lot of head units have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.