New setup.. Your thoughts?

Ya itll be ok just keep an eye on how hot it gets and how your sub smells/sounds... Im sure itll be fine till whenever you can get a new one... And trust me your bit by the bug now and your gunna want more lol
I hear ya on that! Any way I should tune it for max efficiency? My friend knows how to tune amps pretty well but I'd like some of your opinions

I'm just gonna throw this out here...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/564203-epicmangos-94-accord-aspm-1500-obsidian-audio-15-d4-build-log.html

(If you can't fit an Obsidian Audio 15, do a OA12 on the same amp)

Don't make a mistake, I'm loud as ****! Even with a 12v 80 amp alt and front firing into the cabin, I've yet to hear any "high school" system get this loud, hell even some "professional systems". W3 10s, Dual 15s Dual 12s, JBL 10s, Kicker 12s, Kenwood 12s, Boss 10s (HAHA), even a Kicker L5 15 in 4 cubes on a Hifonics 1500 watt amp in the back of a bronco! People take a double look when I tell them to turn around and see how such a small amp powering such a big sub can be able to get the SPL and SQ that they hear (plus not many people expect to turn around and see a phat azz 15' sub staring them in the face) If your looking for that "high school thump" on a budget, I honesty cant recommend a different system that's this cheap and sound this good and get this loud. And this effect multiplies if your in a hatchback or SUV. I'm in a sedan with the rear seats down.
I came on this forum starting out with 2 Kenwood KFC-3013 subs and a 800 watt Kenwood amp. I heard the subs and they sounded gokay, but didn't get that low

I followed the advice of these people on this forum and now I have a single 15 which kicks ***

One thing I've learned. 1 good 12' sub is better than 2 okay subs.

Ditch everything you know about name brands like kicker,kenwood,alpine (even though Type R's are apparently good) and start looking for companies like Obsidian Audio, Sundown Audio.

Sub companies are like hip hop. Underground names are TONS better tha what you hear all the time on the radio.

(Edit) Get this single 12 and an Audiopipe ASPM-1300/1500 amp, and i think you'll be impressing all your friends...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/565729-fs-b2-12-sub-2.html

AMAZING sub for an absolutely amazing price!!

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/564203-epicmangos-94-accord-aspm-1500-obsidian-audio-15-d4-build-log.html

I came on this forum starting out with 2 Kenwood KFC-3013 subs and a 800 watt Kenwood amp. I heard the subs and they sounded gokay, but didn't get that low

I followed the advice of these people on this forum and now I have a single 15 which kicks ***

Ditch everything you know about name brands like kicker,kenwood,alpine (even though Type R's are apparently good) and start looking for companies like Obsidian Audio, Sundown Audio.

Sub companies are like hip hop. Underground names are TONS better tha what you hear all the time on the radio.

(Edit) Get this single 12 and an Audiopipe ASPM-1300/1500 amp, and i think you'll be impressing all your friends...

Thanks for all if the info. My big worry is that my Boss amp won't last very long..

He sounds pretty broke, I don't think he's going to be buying a whole new system any time soon.

[quote name='mylows10']look at vm innovations for the amp.you can also hit up @audiobaun ; for an amp to[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning me mr Mylows10! I will say this..out of all the amps that have been mentioned so far, there is not one of them that will out perform the Autotek BTS 7100@2ohms that I have that will SlAMM!! that sub @%50 gain ..if that?Its a Zed Made Cheater amp, so the THD is very impressively low, and expect a very Heavy Deep small Powerhouse,That will be Jaw dropping to not only you but several others.You can use this amp to push a pair of 600 rms 12in subs all day long @2ohms mono.without a sweat!Later decide to get another sub, this amp is Clean, and Loud enough to run a set of 100 rms components with authority,very little distortion, if any at all.Amp is very presentable, and approx the size of Half a sheet of paper,and Brute as Hell!ZED Made Cheater!All specs were presented at 11.6v on this amp,run it @13.5v, and will produce even more power.Ill, put money on it that the sub you have will not be able to handle the amps output @1oclock position,maybe not even @12oclock.If Interested in True Raw Power/True RMS power,Pm me, and I will work something out with you..no problem at all,just let me know.Thanks...I can meet your budget on it/Shipped!(recently tested on a 900 rms 10in sub, and barely hit %50 gain..lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.