New setup.. Your thoughts?

Wire down to 2 ohms and that amp will be fine
As long as gains are set correctly. I'd use a DMM and set it to about 600w

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

And if I don't go with an audiopipe' date=' what is another cheaper but quality amp that would work?[/quote']
Hifonics BRZ 1200

Maybe a used Alpine/Kicker/Rockford that's rated to output about 500w at 2 ohms

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Hifonics BRZ 1200
That's kinda out of my price range for an amp haha.

Hifonics BRZ 1200
Honestly by ear would be fine with that amp only being rated for the rms of that sub and not knowing box specs anyway

I'd look for something used if I were you. I'm on a pretty tight budget too, I feel your pain
Haha exactly! But is the Boss amp that I have really that bad? I mean, I just want some quality bass in my car you know? I'm not planning on showing this off to anybody anyways..

Haha exactly! But is the Boss amp that I have really that bad? I mean, I just want some quality bass in my car you know? I'm not planning on showing this off to anybody anyways..
It's awful to be honest. It'll put out nowhere near what it says it does and the signal it's putting out is probably distorted which could damage your sub

This is off topic, but my first setup I used an old Rockford Punch 100a2 and it pushed my two Kicker 12's pretty well. Is that amp even in the ballpark anymore?
Some guys like to collect some of the older RF stuff but not many guys here use it...

apsm's are great little amps at two ohms. I loved it when I had mine on a d4. At 1 ohm it sounded icky tho.
Id use them on a budget

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.