New SQ Setup-Sub Questions???

ewoevo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm getting reday to do an sq setup in my car. I was planning on going with 1 12, but got to thinking about going with 4 8's instead. The reason is my car comes with 2 8's on the rear deck (08 Pontiac G8 GT). This will be a comp setup BTW. I'll be running a 2-way componnet up front (6.5).

Sorry, I guess it wasn't clear. My question is, for an SQ setup, would it be better to go with 4 8's or 1 12? I'm going with RD (Sonance line) whichever I choose. I'm looking more for a simple, clean install. If I do the 8's, they'll be mounted to the rear deck (in a box). If I do the 12, it will be in a box in the trunk.

All you need is one 12". Why have you chosen the RD?

What are you doing up front? That's far more important than worrying about what the sub is...

Actually no. For now I'm going passive. The new comps come with supposedly really good crossovers, so I wanted to try them first. If I'm not happy with them, I'll go active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.