New system caused my little brother to go deaf in both ears...

Why does one person on this board recommend one thing then someone else says it's no good...?
dude.. everyone perfers diffrent things, go with what you like and dont care about with other people think... no matter what you pick someone is going to be a dick and have somthing to say

dude.. everyone perfers diffrent things, go with what you like and dont care about with other people think... no matter what you pick someone is going to be a dick and have somthing to say
Uhh, then why post a thread asking questions and opinions??? I don't see anyone trying to be a dick, just helping out.

Why does one person on this board recommend one thing then someone else says it's no good...?
because there are alot of uninformed people on this board that have little or no first hand experiance with any of this stuff so just go by what the jackass before them said....as far as audio advice goes this board is next to useless(for he most part) there are a good doezen or so people that give any advice id actually listen to.../rant

So are you saying that Hifonics amp is good enough? Because it was recommended on another board for my 2 12"s...
With about 1200 on two R's they will be wanting more power. If you really want to get them moving then better upgrade.

why don't we recommend oval speakers?

uneven power response, they usually aren't designed correctly, uneven forces tend to introduce a bit of distortion.

I would go with 6.5" comps, get an amp that puts out much cleaner power for the comps, and go with the BXi2006D for the Type Rs (if you plan to run 2 type Rs). My type Rs on a BXi1606d was pretty pathetic...probably only saw about 1200 watts

Well I finally decided to PURCHASE my system last night online....and this is what it came out to be...

here is what i would go for:

speakers:(front):cdt cl-51a-25PRO $150... great speakers.. u may need a speaker adaptor for them to fit in your 6x8 spot in the door... but it is worth the effort.. also.. these would be the only full range speakers i would amplify

rear speaker:kicker ds67 $35 ... cheap price for a decent speaker that will be run off of the heaudnit

subs: $240 for a pair of alpine type-rs is a good deal...out of yer list of stuff, thats the only thing i would stick with

sub amplifier:hifonics bxi1206d $230

front speaker amplifier:hifonics zxi4006 $140

This was a post from a guy on another board, and by that time I ran out of patience and I bought what he suggested....then I come on here and hear it's weak....so what's the verdict on everything? Should I upgrade the 1206D to a 2006D? How do the speakers and other amp look? Is the guy on the other board an idiot or were his suggestions good for a starter system?

Is the guy on the other board an idiot or were his suggestions good for a starter system?
if it makes you happy for now it's a good starter system. no matter how good it sounds now, 6 months from now you'll want all new better ****.

just buy it, enjoy it while it lasts

/thread

Can someone explain this to me? The way I understand it is the Alpine Type R 2 ohm is 500w RMS. So two would be 1000w RMS. And at 2 ohms, the amp I'm getting puts out 900w RMS. So that would be 450w RMS per sub, right?

Also, what is being sacrificed with the amp I'm getting? Will it just not be as loud? Will it still have the same clarity though?

At least it's an upgrade from stock...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.