New system caused my little brother to go deaf in both ears...

id say keep your stock rears spend money towards the front. Screw the people in the back its more inportant that you get better sound

Just get what YOU want.. Its not their car and there's about a 98% chance that they will not even hear it... I have found that if you didnt spend $258.66*** on front door speakers that ppl on here think your setup is weak.. i say put the 1606 on the type R's and if they're not loud enough for YOU, then upgrade.. easy enough!

at least you didnt get XPLODS

trust me, you will be much happier with a bxi2006d on the type Rs. I have experience with them on a bxi1606d an was disappointed, they sounded much better when I stepped up to 1800 watts.

Also, you will be disappointed if you power your comps with that Hifonics...spend your money on something a little higher quality.

Also, if your factory speakers are 5X7s I wouldn't be surprised if you could fit 6.5" comps with the right spacers

Just get what YOU want.. Its not their car and there's about a 98% chance that they will not even hear it... I have found that if you didnt spend $258.66*** on front door speakers that ppl on here think your setup is weak.. i say put the 1606 on the type R's and if they're not loud enough for YOU, then upgrade.. easy enough!
The number is actually $300 retail or $225 closeout //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

^Even more proof to my point....one person says get rears and now someone else says not to....I don't even think I WANT a system anymore...
Just wait till you install it and have alt whine you cant find the origin of , and then one piece of your system will not work, youll send it back twice to get fixed, it should take about a month. If your lucky, youll enjoy it till you have spare money to upgrade, unfortunately your system will sound worse to you, even if it sounds the same or better. Welcome to the insanity.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I could go on, but off to tear apart my truck to find that ****in god **** ****in alt whine that wasnt there before I put my god **** ****in tweets in!

Alright, thanks for the help guys.

I'm gonna stick with the same subs. I haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I'm gonna upgrade to the 2006D amp for them, and I'm gonna get that comp amp that was suggested. The rears are only $35, so I figured I might as well keep them.

Are those CDT comps I have any good or what? I'm not looking for a set of comps over $200, just a set that's better than regular postfactory speakers.

why not put your money to something people know is good. i mean hell im on my first system and im runnin germs, mags, etc

The bad thing is is that I already bought all that stuff online....so when I send it back I have to pay like a 30% restocking fee....or I could just sell it on eBay or something...

x2346546

its hard to appreciate great speakers unless you've worked your way up anyway.

Wait, if youre getting that Hifonics amp, you're gonna want to run it at 1 ohm to get the most out of it [trust me you're gonna need it].

So that means you need 2x Dual 4 Ohm Subs.

OK....here is my FINAL x238483484 SETUP....and ****it there is no way there can be ANYTHING wrong with it....

Subs: Alpine Type-R 12" 4-Ohm (2)

Sub amp: Hifonics BXi 2006D

Components: Rainbow SLC's (link please?)

Comp amp: Cadence M3000

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.