Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

ok i got a question
when i run my wire for my big 3

do i need to run my wire from alt to battery or from alt to fuse box like factory??

i will be doing my big 3 sunday on my day off i will be posting pictures
YOU ADD NOT REPLACE! also you run from the alt to the battery not into the fuse box! you want to fuse the wire about 12 inches away from the battery thou in case of short circuits which lead to fire, and trust me that 20 dollars on a fuse holder looked real good compared to a new car!

my batterys are in my trunk what would the estimated length of wire you guys would get to do the big 3 with 1 run to trunk. just looking for a ballpark guess, dont wanna run short. its a saturn ion sedan btw.

my batterys are in my trunk what would the estimated length of wire you guys would get to do the big 3 with 1 run to trunk. just looking for a ballpark guess, dont wanna run short. its a saturn ion sedan btw.
first of all, measure it yourself, don't be lazy. secondly, there is a positive post in the engine bay on the driver's side. the battery is in the back yes, but that post up front is so you don't have to go to the trunk to jump anyone or get jumped if need be. that should save you some wire.

first of all, measure it yourself, don't be lazy. secondly, there is a positive post in the engine bay on the driver's side. the battery is in the back yes, but that post up front is so you don't have to go to the trunk to jump anyone or get jumped if need be. that should save you some wire.
what AWG wire is it from the rear battery to the post up front??

just need a quick yes or no if this is right for the big 3

Neg Battery to A bolt connected to chassis

postive battery to pos alt

neg battery to alt case

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...